No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Akasha Retreat
- Type: Yoga TTC
- Starting From: 01-February-2021
- Duration: 27 Days
- Area: Moeciu, Brasov, Romania
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan,Gluten Free
- Surrounding area: Mountain
Our mission is to provide each student with the necessary foundation to skillfully teach with compassion, safety and integrity, while honouring his or her individual voice and style. Whether you join us to become a teacher or simply to deepen your own practice, the Akasha Yoga Teacher Training will uniquely prepare you to leave your mark on the world and in the heart of every future student.
Really great experience. Food venue and hospitality was excellent. Family type atmosphere with great friendly atmosphere. Perfect to chill relax unwind and have some laughs too. Well worth the trip and will be back again for sure.
Robert Mc Williams
Core Subject: Yoga Instructor
Robert Mc Williams qualified in India and is a registered ERYT200 & RYT500 instructor for Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Kriyas, Pranayama, Meditation and Myofascial Release. He has also certified in Canada with the WPA as a Water Safety, Stand up Paddle-board yoga & fitness instructor.
Core Subject: Hatha Yoga
Abby teaches a self-adapted version of Hatha Yoga, inspired by Hridaya, Sivananda, Iyengar and Agama traditions. With a balance between movement and stillness she guides her students through a sequence activating each chakra in turn. This allows for deeper exploration of these subtle energy wheels and encourages purification and healing to occur on many levels. With a focus on bringing kundalini energy to rest in the heart each practice finishes at Anahata (the heart) chakra.
Akasha Wellness Retreat in Transylvania187 Strada Principală Pestera, Brasov Romania.
Our village is called Pestera and it means "The cave" in Romanian, named after a beautiful bat cave approx 500m from our center.
The Village is part of the National Park of Piatra Craiului, a majestic chain of mountains & forest valleys that still harbor an abundance of wildlife from bears to mountain goats and more.
7km away is one of the most debated Transylvanian icon, Dracula's castle in Bran. It's an impressive fortified castle with a large heritage & stories to match.
We’ll be learning and practicing a challenging but rewarding Yoga teacher training class ,followed by meditation, pranayama or mantra chanting. Our 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified program will advance your yoga practice, take you deeper into the many layers of yoga, build your confidence and help find your voice as a yoga teacher and guide.
- 200-Hour Multi-style Teacher Training Program Tuition, Specialty Classes (Yin Yoga, Restorative, Gong Bath, Meditation, Life Coaching and more!)
- 3 Daily healthy plant based meals all organic and local produce, nutritionally balanced, varied & delicious!
- organic detoxifying teas and cold pressed juices ,you will be enjoying it all day.
During this retreat, you will stay at Akasha Retreat. Its large open lounge and diner allows all guests, teachers, and friends to come together and socialize, laugh, play, and explore creative pursuits together. The gorgeous mountain views, garden, and terraces are the kindest gift nature has given them, and they in return offer them to you. Each of the guest bedrooms is special, and has handmade decorative items, a blend of modern romantic with natural elements from the environment.
Private Double Room
The private rooms can be booked for single use if you prefer to have your own bedroom or for double occupancy if you decide to bring a partner or a friend along.
These bedrooms are for two guests sharing one room. Some of the twin bedrooms have private balconies and all enjoy beautiful mountain views.
During this retreat, you will be served three organic vegan and vegetarian daily meals. Upon booking your retreat, you will be asked of your diet preferences and Akasha Wellness Retreat can cater for special diets such as lacto or gluten intolerant. All meals are at set times in the dining area and are shared between all guests and teachers.
The Akasha Teacher Training program blends yoga traditions from the east and west, integrating both into a practical and unique method that combines vinyasa flow alignment and skillful sequencing with the emphasis on being able to curate, lead & teach your own yoga retreat programme.
- All Training Manuals & yoga props.
- All drinks on retreat, cold pressed juices & smoothies, filtered water & organic detoxifying teas.
- Twin Sharing or Private Room boutique style accommodation with private en-suite bathroom for 26 Nights.
- Round Trip transfers from Brasov on day of arrival & departure.
- 1 x 30 min massage + 1 x bath ritual inclusive more available on request.
- Group Excursion to Bran Castle & to Brasov. Optional guided tour of Dracula’s Castle ( you cover your entrance fee & transport costs, about €15)
- Group activities such as live folk music, gong bath, hiking, wine tasting.
- Unlimited access to spa facilities, sauna & jacuzzi.
- Possibility to stay and practice teaching in a retreat setting at the end of the training.
- 1/2 excursion to Viscri, saxon village preferred by HRH Prince Charles
- 1/2 excursion to Bucegi National Park, Sinaia Castle
- Skiing at Poiana Brasov
- Horse riding in the village
Akasha Wellness Retreat
You'll find us in a village called Pestera (the Cave) right in the centre of the beautiful Piatra Craiului National Park. One of the most majestic mountains & unspoilt natural reserves of Romania. Just around the corner you'll see Bran Castle or Bram Stoker's famous Dracula Castle & the mystical Bucegi mountains with it's majestic all natural Sphinx. Some call it "the village in the clouds", and we actually are. At over 1000m altitude, the landscape here is an ocean of green rolling hills overlooking the Piatra Craiului Massif (2200m). From Akasha there are a number of trekking trails that can lead to near by villages and even to the top of the mountain, the "OM" Peak. You can also visit Cheile Zarnestilor not too far, recognisable in the backdrop scenes of the movie Cold Mountain.
Set in almost an acre of greenland, our boutique and luxurious yoga retreat has 360 degree views over beautiful sloping hills, forests & natural rivers that flow at the bottom of our garden.