200 Hour Foundational Yoga Training,Costa Rica
This YTT somehow transformed me. During the YTT, I have experienced and received so much love from everyone around the world... I felt genuine kindness and positivity from everyone everywhere. In addition, I had chances to release. I've never felt stronger emotionally. I was not really a spiritual person but this YTT has opened my views to things I was constantly in denial of. I am glad I participated. It has offered me more than what I came for and a chance to see my life differently
This training was been above and beyond what I would have ever imagined. There’s so much love in Cashew Hill. There are wonderful angels protecting this place. [Avani] embodies the definition of a mother helping others connect to their higher self and unveil layers of conditioning to re-connect and rise together!
Avani and the incredible team at OM at Cashew Hill create an unforgettable journey of self discovery and empowerment, that happens to also prepare you to be a kick ass 200 RYT. I had no idea how much growth and self discovery I would experience on this training, and the family I would gain. It is so much more than an education in becoming a teacher, the OM team instills the values of being compassionate, aware, and present as a teacher and human being, and I am honored to say I received my training in such a grounded, special place. I would recommend it 10X over to anyone looking to do their training here.
This 200-Hour Foundational Training will take you on the intense and challenging work of self-study and reflection and deepen your communication skills so as to share a practice that you love along with practicing yoga and maintaining a disciplined studentship.
This training is a journey deep into the heart and spirit of yoga in a place that is snuggled in the beautiful jungle of Puerto Viejo just a few steps away from the Caribbean Sea. With this program, you can become a 200-hour graduate and a registered yoga teacher.
This program will be a truly transformational experience for you as at Caribe Yoga Academic, we believe in empowering our students to listen to their inner voice. With this program, you will delve deeper into asana, history, philosophy, anatomy, mythology, mantra, mudra, energy anatomy, teaching methodology, pranayama, and spiritual practices. Our students receive 50 hours of instruction above and beyond the 200-hour Yoga Alliance Standard for the foundational level certificate and the curriculum for the 250-hour foundational programming is as follow -
- Module #1 Ganesha: Recognizing obstacles, setting foundations and intention, at the threshold of our experience, self-empowerment, history
- Module #2 Hanuman: Finding our Bhakti practice, Devotion, Tapas, Remembrance of Inner Divinity, Taking Leaps of Faith, Lengthening our Stride
- Module #3 Shiva/Shakti: Duality and Paradox. Becoming the teacher, remaining the student. Putting the pieces together to remember wholeness.
- Module #4 Durga & Kali: Completion, play, fierceness, celebration. Finding your Warrior’s Voice.
Avani GilbertCore Subject: Yoga Instructor
Adriana LeivaCore Subject: Yoga Instructor
Flora DomenisCore Subject: Yoga Instructor and Ayurvedic Therapist
All our training programs are hosted at OM located at Cashew Hill. OM Retreat Center is nestled beneath the lush, tropical greenery of Costa Rica’s Caribbean jungle. The location offers a wild, natural setting ideal for exploring nature and practicing yoga.
The center is just three blocks away from the center of town which means you will have the comfort of town amenities along with the peaceful seclusion of the jungle!
This is how a day with us looks like -
- 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. : Morning Sadhana
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. : Silent Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. : History, Philosophy, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy etc.
- 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. : History, Philosophy, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy etc.
- 12:45 p.m. : Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. : Afternoon break, study and leisure
- 4:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. : Teaching Practice and Techniques, Alignment, Sequencing, Sadhana etc.
- 6:45 p.m. : Dinner
- 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. : Evening Practice, Meditation, play shop, Review Session or film
Experience an open-air living close to nature at OM. You can enjoy a clean, refreshing waterfall pool here, explore the beautiful gardens and find out where your food grows along with spotting and hearing the wildlife around you. At OM, you can enjoy amenities such as –
- UV Filtered Water
- Swimming Pool
- Organic Farm to Table & Vegan Cuisine
- Dedicated Yoga Platform
- In-room Kitchen, Dinette, and Bathroom
- Breath-taking views from all rooms!
Food & Accommodation Gallery
At Om, you truly get to experience farm to table living. Meals are the highlight of our programs and you will get delicious, nutrition-packed food in breakfast, lunch and dinner, which we all enjoy as one big happy group in the jungle view restaurant. We offer vegetarian meals with vegan and gluten-free options.
We prepare meals with love and serve in buffet style. These meals are seasoned with fresh-from-the-garden organic herbs, and local fruits and vegetables. The chefs harvest right out of the on-site gardens and prepare fresh salads, smoothies, teas, and entrees.
You can enjoy chia pudding, fruit salad, granola, banana bread, pancakes, homemade jam, and brownies for breakfast; zucchini schnitzel, fresh vegetable salad, falafel, yucca, and sweet potatoes for lunch; and rice paper salad wraps, pumpkin risotto, fresh salad, and vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free pizzas for dinner.
What Makes This Program Special?
We welcome students from all over the world to join us in understanding the foundation of yoga and delve deeper into their niche of choice. The following features of our programs and methodologies are what make us special -
- The coupling of modern science’ findings with a depth of spiritual practice
- Functional alignment practices
- Inclusivity, safety, accessibility, and approachable sequencing
- A grounded, well-rounded and in-depth program
- An 8 limbs approach to the practice
- Encouragement, on-going communication and mentorship structures
- Exploration of what yoga off-the-mat and out in the world looks like
- Time for Self-Study
- 23 nights’ accommodation
- 3 vegetarian meals per day at OM at Cashew Hill
- Daily yoga classes
- A waterfall excursion with transportation included
- Professional manual and workbook
- Expert mentorship and faculty guidance
- On-going support post-graduation
Om Retreat Center
Om Retreat Center is nestled beneath the lush, tropical greenery of Costa Rica’s Caribbean jungle, our instructor training programs are widely regarded as the best in the Caribbean. This green, breathtaking sanctuary sits directly above the main town where visitors can forge a deep connection with nature in a magical and safe setting.
Payment And Cancellation Policy
- A deposit of 25% of the total price is required for reservation
- If the booking is cancelled, the deposit is non-refundable
- The rest of the payment should be paid 21 days before arrival
Why choose Caribe Yoga Academy
We offer different programs and a great selection of both immersion and non-immersion formats. At Caribe Yoga Academy, you will find diversity in offerings along with a pool of talented, distinguished professionals.
This enables us to serve both visitors and those who live full-time in our lush jungle.
We are committed to explore our true nature and believe that each individual’s greatest teacher is their deepest, inner Divine Self and we commit to journeying and excavating with you to reveal that at your own pace.