No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Caribe Yoga Academy
- Type: Yoga TTC
- Starting From: 06-November-2019
- Duration: 8 Days
- Area: Talamanca, Costa Rica
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan,Gluten Free
- Surrounding area: Forest,Close To Nature
300-hour Advanced Level Program comes with a special delight for the students as they can choose their area(s) of specialization while accumulatively earing their hours. You can take up to 5 years to complete your choice of modules and earn your 300 additional hours of study to become a Yoga Alliance 300 RYT.
Only the Mahatma Within unit requires the students to delve deeper into meditation, mantra, and mudra, recognize their core beliefs and spiritual practice path along with exploring the science behind yoga in a much deeper level.
I just loved the yoga teacher training in the Caribe Yoga Academy.
Avani is really good at yoga and at teaching, very patient, helpful and kind.
The place is absolutely amazing, the view, the sounds of the nature, everything. It's the best Academy, and I am very thankful for this wonderful experience!
This is not just a Yoga Teacher Training, it is a great great adventure to embark on. It was so much more than I could have expected.
All the teachers and staff are very passionate about what they do and it shows. T
hey will guide you so sweetly to become the best version of your unique self as a teacher.
And then the food... I can not even put into words how good the food was, I am forever spoiled now.
Thank you for all of this CYA, I feel so grateful for the whole experience.
Core Subject: Yoga Instructor and Founder
Avani is the Creator of CYA program and she is an E-RYT 500, YACEP, or Reiki master teacher, LMT and clarity breath-work practitioner. Her yoga journey started in high school and since then she has developed expertise in the field through tireless efforts. This enabled her to participate in yoga teacher training programs across the USA and Costa Rica and she has accumulated close to 5000 hours of teaching experience. She is also the director of the OM at Cashew Hill and has the training and transformed several lives in her vast teaching experience.
Core Subject: Yoga Instructor
After receiving her first certification for yoga and massage at the age of 18, there was no looking back for Adriana. With years of practice and learning, she is now a 500-hour certified yoga teacher, Yogakids facilitator, and co-founder of the ASOyoga (Costa Rican Yoga Association). Besides having a degree in Physiotherapy, Adriana has also studied a variety of yogic styles along with philosophy and Bhakti under the guidance of Dr. Mark Dycsowksi.
The advanced level training program is organized at OM located at Cashew Hill which is a center close to nature located in the tropical greenery of the Caribbean jungle.
You will experience the raw beauty of nature here with the perfect stillness and serenity to delve deeper into your yoga practices. Among the many advantages of this location, one is its proximity to the center of town. Here you can enjoy the solitude of the jungle along with comfort!
Dive deeper into your personal areas of special interest with a strong focus on experiential learning, deep self-study, and ample time to practice the offered skills. Our students receive 30 hours of instruction above and beyond the Yoga Alliance Standard for the Advanced Level certification.
With this advanced level training program, you will build a strong foundation in order to carve out a niche for yourself in the wellness field. Our curriculum of the program is as follow -
- 50 hours: Techniques, Training & Practice: Teaching Advanced Asana, Methodology for Guiding Pranayama, Encouraging Mindful Living, Teaching Pranayama, Guiding Mudra & Mantra
- 5 Hours: Teaching Methodology: Voice, Communication, Sequencing, Special Populations & more
- 15 Hours: Anatomy & Physiology: Advanced Anatomy and Physiology for Yoga Teachers
- 30 Hours: Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics: Core Beliefs, Living Your Yoga, Honing Your Spiritual Practice, Finding Your Voice, Mythology, the Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, RamaYana & Mahabharata, Upanishads
- 30 hours: Practicum: Practice Teaching, Live Class Assisting, Live Guiding Meditation, Live Guiding Asana, full class offering
- 190 Hours: Electives: Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Assists & Adjustments, Functional Anatomy, MFR, Chakra Anatomy, Vinyasa Sequencing and more.
Design of your daily schedule -
- 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.: Morning Sadhana
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: Silent Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: History, Philosophy, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy etc.
- 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.: History, Philosophy, Teaching Methodology, Anatomy etc.
- 12:45 p.m.: Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.: Afternoon break, study and leisure
- 4:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.: Teaching Practice and Techniques, Alignment, Sequencing, Sadhana etc.
- 6:45 p.m.: Dinner
- 7:30 to 9:00 p.m.: Evening Practice, Meditation, play shop, Review Session or film
At OM you can truly immerse in the beauty of nature with a refreshing water pool and lush gardens. All rooms have spectacular views with the in-room kitchen, dinette, and well-equipped bathroom facility.
Besides, we have a dedicated yoga platform that is designed beautifully. Here you will enjoy and reap the benefits of farm to table & vegan cuisine along with listening to the soothing sound of wildlife around the center.
Clean eating is an integral part of our training programs. Enjoy home-grown vegetables and herbs in breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the entire group in our jungle view restaurant.
The meals are vegetarian with vegan and gluten-free options and are served in buffet style with love. Our chefs harvest the produce right out of our on-site gardens and prepare fresh salad, smoothies, teas, and entrees.
We also source local fresh fruits and vegetables. In the menu, you will find fruit salad, granola bars, fresh vegetable salads, banana bread, pancakes, zucchini schnitzel, yucca, falafel, rice paper salad wraps, pumpkin risotto, and much more.
You will learn with a diverse peer group from different backgrounds which will expose you to new ideas and influences while building a strong foundation and honing your skills further. Following are the highlights of our training programs -
- The coupling of modern science’ findings with a depth of spiritual practice
- Functional alignment practices
- Inclusivity, safety, accessibility, and approachable sequencing
- A grounded, well-rounded and in-depth program
- An 8 limbs approach to the practice
- Encouragement, on-going communication and mentorship structures
- Exploration of what yoga off-the-mat and out in the world looks like
- Time for Self-Study
- 3 vegetarian meals daily
- CYA bag
- Professional manual and workbook
Om Retreat Center
Om Retreat Center is nestled beneath the lush, tropical greenery of Costa Rica’s Caribbean jungle, our instructor training programs are widely regarded as the best in the Caribbean. This green, breathtaking sanctuary sits directly above the main town where visitors can forge a deep connection with nature in a magical and safe setting.