No. of Guest(s)
3 Nights/4 Days
- Organizer: Floripa
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 01-August-2019
- Duration: 3 Nights/4 Days
- Area: Ispica, Sicilia, Italy
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan,Gluten Free,Organic
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Sea,Forest,Close To Nature
Floripa Yoga & Kitesurf House is the perfect location to combine your passion for yoga with an active beach holiday. Enjoy learning Stand-up Paddle (SUP) with our instructors, spending unlimited time on the SUP boards, two daily 90′ minutes yoga lessons taught by our team of experienced teachers, and the company of other amazing people coming from all over the world. Kitesurfing, windsurfing, SUP Yoga and surfing are also available depending on weather conditions.
Had a great time at Floripa , it was super hot and we made the most of the beach . My husband got to kite a couple of times and I really loved getting to yoga everyday . I found the yoga really challenging and learned so much about myself through the week . Floripa is a wonderful relaxing place where you feel very welcome by all the staff. We rented a car and did some sightseeing in nearby Noto and Syracuse which was really interesting to see Sicily history .
A week to remember After a week at Floripa we feel inspired , challenged, relaxed and filled with energy! Floripa is a full experience; the environment, the yoga teachers, the staff, the food, the beach, meeting people from all over and more. Floripa isn't just a perfect place -it's a state of mind!
Core Subject: Vinyasa Flow
Her classes are a blend of Ashtanga elements fused into a Mandala Vinyasa flow style practice, with emphasis on intentional movements, playfulness, breathe work, somatic embodiment and compassionate adjustments. Her flows are intelligently sequenced to challenge the practitioners and bring them into a place of exploration of their potential. She will offer several variations for most poses, allowing modifications and personal contributions, with the idea that she is a guide, but the real teacher is the one practicing on the mat. Ameriga offers hands-on help when needed, as she believes that the personalize guidance of the teacher can lead the students in deeper expressions of the poses.
Core Subject: Sup Yoga & Vinyasa
With Eva you can experience the water element in your yoga practice as she teaches yoga on SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board) on the beautiful sea in Sicily. She also teaches Vinyasa flow classes and offers private classes customized according to the need for development in the student’s practice. Her classes are focused on the chakras, energetic centre in our body and how to unlock them through the physical practice. She studied yoga in Rishikesh and Dharamsala in India and continues to travel back to India for further trainings. She loves traveling and all board sports, mainly kiteboarding
Floripa Yoga & Kitesurf House is located in the south of Sicily, in the small village of Santa Maria del Focallo. This is a quiet beach town that lies on the back of a 15-kilometer long dune beach.
A team of experienced yoga instructors will guide you to take your asanas to the next level with Vinyasa flow lessons of 90 minutes in the morning, optional workshops in the afternoon (arm balance, inversions, handstand, backbends, basic postures) followed by lunar flows that are sometimes given in the forest near the center or on the beach (this depends on the weather).
Depending on the length of the lessons, occasionally two morning lessons are offered simultaneously, so that you can choose between: a longer (sometimes more than 2 hours) level 2 Vinyasa flow; and a shorter (90 minutes) entry level Hatha flow lesson.
General Daily Schedule
- 08.00 – 09.30 | Morning Flow Yoga Class. This is the yoga class included in your package!
- 09.30 – 10.00 | Breakfast (breakfast is served between 07.30-10.00)
- 09.00 – 11.00 | Optional intermediate / advanced level class yoga class (offered usually every other day depending on the number of practitioners). When this class is offered, you will be informed and can chose to take the 07.30 one or the 09.00 one. During our teacher training programs this class will be a 3 hrs long masterclass with limited spots, if you wish to join you can book it for an extra cost of 5 EUR.
- 07.30 – 08.30 | SUP Yoga (during summer months only). This class depends on weather conditions, with minimum participant 6 people. If you wish to take SUP Class instead of the regular 07.30 class, you only need to pay 5 EUR extra.
- 12.30 – 15.00 | Lunch and free time
- 18.00 – 19.30 | Evening class. Yin Yoga, Restorative or Yang and Yin.
- 20:00 – 21.30 | Dinner
Accommodation can be in private room, shared room from two to five persons, or suite room with private veranda. The bed and breakfast is composed of three houses surrounded by a lush garden. All the rooms have been designed for your comfort and relaxation with modern simplicity and color. With hot and cold air conditioning, television, refrigerator, private bathroom, and Wi- Fi, you will have all the benefits of a hotel with the warmth and freedom that only a bed and breakfast can give you.
Our shared rooms can host 4 or 5 persons, with one en-suite bathroom. There is an extra bathroom on the ground floor that the guests can use, and hot outside showers. It’s a great alternative if you are travelling on a tight budget and would love to be in the good company of other people that share the same passion for yoga and surf lifestyle! If you know you have a snoring problem, or are a light sleeper, then we would recommend a single room.
During this program, you will be served three daily delicious organic meals.
- In the morning, you can enjoy a healthy and plentiful breakfast buffet which includes freshly prepared vegan dishes.
- For lunch, you can usually chose between the dishes of the day or a vegetarian buffet.
- Dinners are always vegetarian or vegan, generally presented as an healthy buffet of locally produced organic.
- Combine theory classes with practical SUP-yoga classes.
- Evening yin style yoga classes in our studio.
- Plenty of opportunities to practice SUP Yoga.
- Learn how to build a floating studio, understand weather charts, and be able to select boards
- Learn how to use the alchemy of yoga to convey a sense of connection with nature during your classes.
- Opportunity to learn surfing, kite surfing and SUP.
- Free use of beach beds during the summer months
- Daily morning and evening yoga sessions
- Relaxation with stunning blue flag beach only 30 meters away
- Opportunity to practice kitesurfing, SUP, SUP Yoga and surfing
- Free use of beach beds (during summer time), bicycles, and skates
- Daily plentiful and delicious breakfast buffet
- Vegetarian/vegan welcome dinner
- 3 nights accommodation
Floripa Yoga & Kitesurf House
During your retreat, you will be staying in Floripa Yoga & Kitesurf House. The team of Floripa Yoga & Kitesurf House believes in living a healthy life in harmony with nature and the rhythm of the sea, and you will see this reflected in your rooms, the gardens, meals, and the service to you. The bed and breakfast is run by Ameriga, the main yoga teacher, and Ettore, who runs the kitesurfing school, with the help of a team of friends that have been enjoying working together for several years.
Many guests have become friends and keep on coming back every season, which creates a beautiful familiar atmosphere. Do not worry if you are traveling by yourself because at Floripa is very easy to make friends with other guests and also with the staff and the dogs. The bed and breakfast is located 30 meters away from the sandy dune beach of Santa Maria del Focallo.
The stunning beach is 13 kilometers long and was awarded the Blue Flag for the cleanliness of its waters. It is the ideal place to relax and have a deep contact with the sea and the elements. It is very safe, and you can explore it by bicycle easily. Floripa Yoga & Kitesurf House is the perfect location to combine your passion for yoga with an active beach holiday
“The spots are sold on a “first come, first served” basis so if you finalize the booking please wait for our email that confirms the booking to you before you buy your flights (you will receive an automated message from RetreatKula, but what will really confirm you booking is my message). To avoid any problem you can also write us to check availability before you make your reservation.”