200 Hour Rajadhiraja Yoga Teacher Training, Croatia
Organizer: Himalayan Yoga Institute
"Having just finished my YTT 200 hour teacher training course in Croatia. I can honestly say choosing this yoga teacher training course was the best decision I have made. The Content of the course was amazing, so much information and depth and so extensive. Going far beyond other teacher training courses The course was challenging but the knowledge I learnt has taught me so much. Ganga Devi is an inspirational, supportive teacher with so much wonderful knowledge to share.
I thank Ganga for all her patience and help and thoroughly enjoyed my time with Ganga and all the amazing new friends I met during my three and a half weeks I have enjoyed all aspects of the course and feel I have grown so much spiritually and mentally and now feel ready to start spreading the wonderful benefits of yoga. The location and villa was beautiful, the food was nourishing and enjoyable. I have returned home feeling fitter, healthier and full of enthusiasm, and will continue to adopt this new lifestyle. I feel confident and ready to embark on spreading the benefits of yoga straight away.
Thank you so much Ganga for your wisdom and knowledge I highly recommend this course."
"My yoga teacher training experience at Himalayan Yoga Institute has expanded my mind and even more so my heart. I have learned so much about yoga, more than I ever thought possible. I feel prepared to teach and apply the multiple techniques that I learned during the course. Ganga Devi is an inspiration and extremely thorough in her teachings. The ashram was beautiful, located in mystical South India. I have made life long friends from this journey and I am truly grateful."
On this yoga journey, wade into nature’s safe habitat in Croatia’s Isle of Losinj cherished to the bits all across Europe as a seaside summer destination, Croatia has amazing salubrious climate and a dreamy peacefulness that can draw your awareness inward. In Losinj there’s plenty of delicious Mediterranean delicacies to indulge in, adventures with swimming, snorkeling, and cycling on the country roads and to soak in the quietude along the seas.
It is pure bliss in the warm sea air and the azure depths of the oceanic horizons as long as eyes could see. To unknot your body and being in this atmosphere deeply compliments the practice and heals from within. The yoga venue is set right amidst the whispering pine forests, offering a panorama of the sparkling blue sea.
Mornings are sublime here with walks into nature’s verdure while the bay is not too far away, where dolphins are easy to spot if you are lucky! Undergo the transformation on this magical island set in the Northern Adriatic also because of the medically found promise of healing and rejuvenation. In 1892, Losinj was proclaimed a health resort owing to the clean air, mild climate, and the diverse verdure of the region. Come out fresh and full spirited!
The training is based on the system of ancient Rajadhiraja yoga and comprehensively encompasses hatha, vinyasa, and yin sequences. Asana and meditation classes and discourses are held under the careful supervision of Ganga Devi a teacher, an experienced yogini of note, the founder of Himalayan Yoga Institute.
The 200 Hour YTT in Croatia is greatly rewarding to restore mind-body health and wellness, sharpen the skills of posture, and to deepen one’s contemplations upon the spiritual.
Here’s an outline of the course:
Here’s is an opportunity to develop a strong personal practice of performing various asanas in the beginner series of Hatha. The sessions will have-- warm-ups, individual corrections, the ‘sun salutation’ along with its variations, 66 basic postures and 100 asana variations from beginners to advanced level, and postural alignment.
From the very second day on this session, you can expect to gain insights into the ‘teaching methodology’ regarding asana and how to impart posture performing techniques to new learners.
Mind-body Benefits of Yoga
As a yogi by your own right, you have to be aware of the various mind-body benefits the practice entails, helping individuals come out with their best potential in individual lives, workplaces, as well as spiritually. Learn in detail about yoga’s power in balancing the mind, improving concentration, ridding the body of fat excesses, better circulation, stabilized endocrine functions, relief from chronic ailments like rheumatism, constipation, stomach troubles, and on goes the list.
Heal with breathing through the internalized technique of diaphragmatic pranayama breathing. Learn the primary-level pranayama series in this session and open up to its numerous benefits-- purification of the nadis or ‘subtle energy’ channels, relaxes the nervous system, expands breathing capacity, and restores power in the chakras.
Yoga Anatomy, Physiology, and Bio-physiology
Receive an anatomical introduction to the major body systems in this segment and learn in depth about the effects of yoga on the cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, skeletal, muscular, and endocrine systems. Establish the links between physical and anatomical wellness with psychological health with bio-psychological investigations with yoga. Go over yogic diet, nutrition, and principles of ayurveda.
History of Yoga
Delve into the ancient Indic past to trace the various overlapping lineages of the 500 year old science of yoga. Explore the subject through the various definitions offered, a brief history of Tantra, the spiritual symbolisms from Shiva to Krishna, about the Nath lineage of Nepal, of Ramakrishna and Vivekananda, Sri Krishnamacharya and his students-- B.K.S Iyengar, Pattabhi Jois, T.K.V. Desikachar, and more on such iconic yoga luminaries and their works.
This is a distinguished method of imparting yogic knowledge, encompassing not just the physical routine of the discipline but the moral-ethical principles rooted deep within the practice. The segment includes-- the 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha yoga, Koshas-the 5 mind layers, Kaoshiki and Tandava yogic dances for men and women, the six lessons of Sahaja Yoga, the 16 points of yogi life.
Business Aspects of Yoga Teaching
You will be in the company of some of the most business-wise successful yoga entrepreneurs on this course, handing out tips and tricks of setting up lucrative as well as personally rewarding yoga classes, on marketing yourself and your distinguished teaching services, formulating class structures, and course outlines, and how to hold business correspondences.
Ganga DeviCore Subject: Yoga , Asana, Pranayama and meditation
A secluded little island of Croatia, Losinj is lesser known in the summer tourists circle visiting the Mediterranean. You are going to find the beaches uncrowded and pristine around here, with inviting little baroque fishing villages lining the coast. Delish food, typically featuring Mediterranean flavors are found locally.
There’s always gorgeous weather with warm blue skies that make every day a beach outing day. The island is justly celebrated as the Island of Vitality. There are numerous medicinal plants to be found in the forests, the captivating pine woods along the slopes like natural lungs for fresh air, and the salt sea breeze having an extremely healing quality.
There are a plethora of activities to take part in on your free days here-- take a swim in the pebbled beaches of Martinscica, explore Cres city, trek in the Lubenice forests and get winsome views of the beautiful Kvarner Bay, or check out the museums. Very near to your retreat home, there are natural dolphin habitats where you can photograph and interact with these intelligent aquatic beasts.
The varied elements of yogic learning in this course are distributed between integrative understanding of asana, meditation, and yogic pranayama breathing from a practice point of view, workshops, diet and nutrition, satsang, self-practice, and textual theoretical discourses.
Here are the key points from the yogic curriculum:
- 66 basic yoga postures, along with necessary adjustment and alignment techniques.
- Sun Salutation and its various correlatives.
- Asna modifications for beginners and those struggling with disability.
- Deep relaxation with yoga nidra.
- Self-correcting alignment tips for deepened postures.
- Pranayama and breathing benefits-- Ujjayi, Surya bheda, Sitali, Sitkari, and Bhramari pranayama.
- The 10 vayus or prana emissions of the Pranayamic discipline.
- Kriya, Bandha, and Mudra for yogic purification from within-- Jalandhara Bandha, Uddayana Bandha, and Mula Bandha; Bandhatraya Yoga: Mahamudra, Mahabandha, and Mahavedha; Lymphatic drainage massage facilitated through bandha or yogic body locks.
- Discourses on Karma and reincarnation-- the laws of action and reaction, samsara or the wheel of birth and rebirth, and moksha, which is liberation from this continuous cycle.
- Teaching methodology and practice-- notions on successful communication with students, the personal and professional ethics of a teacher, sample templates for Hatha, Vinyasa, and a Rajadhiraja class, mindful sequencing, use of voice modulations for effective presentation, etc.
- 06:30 AM-Chanting, Meditation & Pranayama
- 07:30 AM-Asana Practice
- 09:00 AM-Fruit and Tea
- 09:45 AM-Anatomy and physiology/workshop/lecture
- 10:45 AM-Karma Yoga
- 11:15 AM- Workshop/Lecture
- 12:30 PM- Lunch
- 13:00 PM- Main lecture (philosophy/theory/history)
- 14:15 PM- snack and leisure/self-study
- 17:00 PM- Asanas, asana techniques & Teaching Methodology
- 18:45 PM- Satsang (meditation, kirtan, chanting)
- 19:30 PM- Dinner
- 20:00 PM- Free time and study
- 22:00 PM- Lights out
Your retreat home on the isle of Losinj in Croatia is centered on the mantra of holistic wellness. Surrounded with healing sea water and landmark world class spas, this is your destination to effectively shake off all weariness and reclaim health and joyfulness.
Spend this yoga holiday in a stunning villa, just a little way from the beach, set right in the midst of an enchanting pine forest on the slopes, and overlooking a vast turquoise sea with secluded little dolphin bays.
Here, your morning strolls along the sea line will be made memorable with amazing dolphin sightings, leisure time will be spent in the lush gardens of the compound, and your yogic self practicing time will be effortlessly meditative.
There are three options for accommodation, each adequately furnished, clean, surrounded with verdure, and overlooking the Adriatic Mediterranean sea stunningly--
- Self-contained twin bed studio apartment- For 2 people to share
- Twin bedroom with an en suite bath- For 2 people to share
- Double room for couples
Food & Accommodation Gallery
Good yogis don’t have to eat scarce. The retreat kitchen serves vegetarian and vegan style cuisine that suits the trainee’s need to be in health and vigor throughout the month of intensive practice.
There are going to three full and balanced meals a day, prepared with love and attention to detail, served on buffet on the open-air terrace to be enjoyed heartily with the yoga tribe.
Fresh produced greens, pulses, and fruits constitute this accurately planned diet of champions. There are also plenty of options to hydrate on the demanding days of training with subtropical cooling drinks served at the juice bar 24X7.
What Makes This Program Special?
- Beside the daily dose of practicing yoga, participants are led on guided nature and beach walks full of bliss and scenic exposure to nature.
- Yin, Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga and Pranayama classes, Yoga Nidra for quality sleep.
- Sattvic vegetarian and vegan meals.
- Tour of the quaint towns of Mali and Veli Losinj.
- Guided morning and evening meditation sessions.
- 1 month peaceful seaside accommodation in Losinj.
- Excursion to secluded beaches and dolphin habitats.
- 1 month accommodation with amenities in clean and hygienic quarters
- Three meals a day, served with nutritive herbal drinks
- Ayurveda treatments
Himalayan Yoga Institute
Himalayan Yoga Institute started with Ganga Devi in 2007 with the aim of offering a multitude of educational programs to enlighten, transform, inspire individuals, as well as foster a community in celebration of conscious living with yoga. Being a talented disciple of a Himalayan master, Ganga was entrusted with taking forward the light of yogic wisdom.
The bearings of the institute’s educational elements are rooted in authentic Indian culture of simple, no-frills, spiritual living. Today, there are multiple teacher training yoga courses being held under the Institute in different beautiful parts of the world, bringing up yogis in the ethos and ideals of Ganga Devi.
Besides receiving a transformational teaching, you will also have the opportunity to contribute in the institute’s various eco-friendly and philanthropic initiatives on attending YTTs and Retreats by HYI. Become a part of a rising global consciousness with yoga!
Payment And Cancellation Policy
Cancellation within 15-29 days before the retreat begins will get you 50% of your payment applied to another retreat. Cancellation less than 15 days before the retreat begins means your fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
Why choose Himalayan Yoga Institute
- Authentic yoga instructions under the supervision of Ganga Devi, a distinguished teacher and practitioner of the discipline.
- Commitment and support to the community provided by the Himalayan Yoga Institute through its philanthropic work is commendable and it is meaningful to contribute in it in some way.
- The ethos of leading a sustainable and eco-friendly lifestyle is commendable of the Himalayan Yoga Institute. On this yoga training cum holidaying in Croatia, you can participate with HYI in saving dolphin habitats and adopting a dolphin, in close association with ‘Losinj’s Marine Education Centre’.