No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Marga Yoga
- Type: Yoga TTC
- Starting From: 01-December-2019
- Duration: 22 Days
- Area: Koh Phangan, Thailand
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Sea,Close To Nature
200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course, recognized by Yoga Alliance. It takes place at a serene location where guests can immerse themselves in yogic studies and practice.
Simona is an amazing yoga teacher; she has so much knowledge in yoga philosophy and practice. It was a great experience to be at one of her trainings. An experience I will always cherish.
Thank you Simona!
Simona the teacher I have studied yoga under Simona and she is a very experienced, calm and sympathetic teacher.
Because I travel and have studied under many teachers I can evaluate the benefits of various teachers.
Simona stands out as sympathique and she has the right attitude for a yoga teacher. I recommend her highly.
The venue is ideal for a yoga retreat, with the sea close by.
The beautiful earth colours of the yoga salle and the other buildings set among trees bring in the right ambiance to practice yoga.
Core Subject: Thai Massage
Simona started practicing meditation in her home town in Italy in 1990. She took her first Thai massage course in northern Thailand in 1997 and immersed herself in different meditation techniques in Bali. She also studied Thai massage in Chiang Mai and in Bangkok. Later on, she opened a Thai massage school and yoga center in Dublin.
The Training takes place at Marga Yoga, at Chaloklum in Koh Phangan.
- What is Hatha yoga ?
- Principles of Hatha Yoga
- Explanation of Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha (Practice & Benefits)
- Different types of breathing
- Definition of Prana
- Science of the breath (Prana, Apana, Udyana, Samana, Vijana)
- Ida, Pingala and Sushumna Nadi
- Pranayama practices: Abdominal breathing, Full Yogic Breath, Kapalabhati, Nadi Shodan, Bramhari Pranayama
- Surya Namaskar (Different variations)
- Basic Postures (Standing, Sitting, Back bends, Inversions, Twist, Arm balance Postures)
- Asana Variations (from Intermediate to Advanced)
- Body Alignment
- Yoga Nidra
Also: Yoga for pregnancy, Yoga for children, Yoga for elderly
- Explanation and importance of Mudra according to Hatha Yoga
- Types of Mudra
- Practice of Jnana & Chin Mudra
- Physical, Mental and spiritual Benefits of Mudra
- Explanation of Bandha
- Different types of Bandhas and practice
- What is Meditation?
- Difference between Dharana and Dyhana
- Types of meditation
- Breathing Meditation
- Mantra Meditation
- Walking Meditation
- Definition of sleep and benefits
- The 3 states of consciousness
- What is Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra Practices
- What is Yoga ?
- History of Yoga
- Types of yoga
- The five kosha (bodies)
- Explanation of Self-realization and liberation
- Explanation of consciousness
- Eight limbs of Yoga
- Bhagavad Gita
- What is Yogic Anatomy and physiology?
- The systems of the body
- Effects of Asana and Pranayama on the body systems
- Know the basic studies and types of joints to avoid injury during Asana classes
- Diet and Nutrition
Adjustment And Alignment:
- Practicing Asana correctly
- Front, side and back bending
- The use of props
- Various style of Asana and their benefits
- Contra-indications of specific yoga practices
- Yoga Therapy
- Introduction of Kriyas according to classical Hatha Yoga
- Practice of Jala Neti and Sutra Neti (Cleansing Mucus or blockages from nasal passages and sinus) and Tatraka
- Tongue cleaning
- Introduction of Mantra yoga
- Importance of (OM)-AUM
- Explanation of the 7 main chakras
- How chakras work physically and emotionally
- Asana & Pranayama for each chakra
- Chakra meditation
- Musical recitation of hymns, mantras and the praise of deities
- The concept of seva will be introduced and explained. Students will participate in Karma Yoga activities inside the yoga centre during the course.
- 7:00 AM – Meditation
- 7:30 AM – Asana Practice
- 9:30 AM – Breakfast
- 11:00 AM – Karma Yoga
- 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM – Lecture 1 Yoga Philosophy
- 1:30 PM – Lunch
- 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM – Lecture 2 Anatomy & Asana theory
- 4:00 PM – Asana Practice
- 6:00 PM – Dinner
- 7:00 PM – Meditation
- 7:30 PM – Questions & Answers
- 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM – self study
- 10:00 PM – lights out
Accommodation is available at Fanta Sea Resort, where the retreat takes place.Accommodation is available in private ensuite fan and A/C bungalow on the beach.
3 Daily vegetarian & vegan highly nutritious meals are served.
Marga Yoga and Fanta Sea resort is situated on the beach front with a yoga shala where we will spend time meditating and chanting. Guests will learn all aspects of yoga in beautiful relaxing surroundings, conductive to the yoga practice.
- 21 Nights accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Certificate of completion
- Unlimited herbal tea, water, and juice
- 2 Daily yoga sessions
- 2 Daily meditation sessions
- 3 Daily lectures
- 1 Daily Karma yoga
Fanta Sea Resort
Marga Yoga operates from Fanta sea Resort in Koh Phangan. Fanta sea Resort has one of the very best beach locations on the island of Koh Phangan in southern Thailand. With a range of bungalows to choose from. This resort can accommodate everybody’s needs for their holiday.