No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Mettagroup
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 28-February-2020
- Duration: 3Days
- Area: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan
- Surrounding area: Close To Nature
We’re very pleased to present this immersive meditation retreat focused on relationships at the wonderful Los Angeles Athletic Club in Downtown LA. Single people and couples are welcome to join.
Core Subject: Meditation Teacher
Meditation teacher George Haas spent a lot of time seeking while he was growing up in New York. After experiencing a bout of particularly deep suffering, he got sober, moved to Los Angeles and started extensively studying Buddhist texts. In 2003, he founded the Mettagroup where he uses a combination of Buddhist teaching and John Bowlby’s Attachment Theory to help students reduce their suffering and live meaningful lives.
Located near the Staples Center, the Los Angeles Convention Center and LA Live. Our premium boutique-style downtown Los Angeles hotel allows you to enjoy all the pleasure, excitement and efficiency of a revitalized Los Angeles
For the first time ever, we are offering a Meditation x Attachment for Relationships weekend retreat with the Los Angeles Athletic Club in DTLA. The retreat begins on Friday evening, February 28th with dinner at this beautiful, historic club, followed by an evening talk and meditation session.
Then we'll practice all day Saturday (with the evening open to explore DTLA) and conclude Sunday morning. They will be teaching meditation strategies for emotional regulation and mentalizing; give a basic primer on Attachment Theory; and talk about the nature of collaborative relationships. For fans of Dan Brown’s work, and also introduce the Ideal Parent Figure protocol.
Friday, February 28 (Arrival)
- 5pm Dinner (included)
- 7pm Welcome from LAAC
- 7:30pm - 9pm Session 1
- Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation, followed by guided meditation (Noting Feeling States: See, Hear, Feel)
Saturday, February 29
- 7:00 AM - 7:45 AM Yoga (optional)
- 7:30 AM - 9 AM Breakfast (included)
- 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM Session 2
- Introduction to Attachment Theory Psychology and dyad excercise
- 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Lunch (included)
- 2:00 PM- 5:00 PM Session 3
- Heart Meditation Talk and Practice
- 5:00 PM Optional LAAC class or Explore LA Walk
- Dinner on your own/explore DTLA
Sunday, March 1
- 7:00 AM - 7:45 AM Morning Stretch (optional)
- 7:30 AM - 9:00 AMBreakfast (included)
- 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Session 4
- Where Do We Go From Here: conclusion and discussion
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Lunch (included)
- Gourmet box lunches and spa options
Enjoy luxury accommodations, excersice facilities, spa treatments and all that DTLA has to offer within easy walking distance!
For LAAC members USD 389 .
Come and relax your soul with our nutritous welcome dinner.
Satiate your palate with healthy and delicious breakfast and lunch provided on saturday and sunday.Vegan options are also available.
Using British anthropologist Robin Dunbar’s research on relationships, and John Bowlby’s teachings about Attachment Theory, combined with ancient Buddhist meditation techniques, we’ll take a close look at why patterns emerge in relationships and what we can do to change them to make them more stable and fulfilling.
- Four meditation sessions
- Dinner on Friday
- Breakfast and lunch
Los Angeles Athletic Club
For more than 125 years, The Los Angeles Athletic Club has remained dedicated to its mission of providing for the body, mind, and spirit of its members. Our private club includes state-of-the-art athletic and spa facilities, award-winning restaurants, bars, luxury meeting, conference, and hotel rooms, and an array of social, business, and athletic events.