No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Northern Edge Algonquin
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 31-July-2020
- Duration: 4 Days
- Area: Ontario, Canada
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan,Gluten Free,Dairy Free
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Lake,Forest,Close To Nature
Imagine being guided each day to focus on yoga as an invitation to live it’s principles, how could you begin to transform and deepen your practice? This yoga retreat at Ontario’s Algonquin Park offers twice daily active and restorative yoga sessions in the cradle of our eco-retreat while learning to stand up paddle on scenic Kawawaymog Lake.
A beautiful location with amazing energy throughout the grounds !
The canvas top cabins are a really lovely place to lay your head at night. The food has been prepared by the absolute finest chef with lots of love and creativity. Don't forget your bather for the sauna and lake!
Highly recommended to escape to Northern Edge to slow down your pace and connect with yourself.
Looking back it is clear to me that a retreat I attended at Northern Edge in 2013 was the catalyst that shifted my perspective and moved me towards more clarity + truth + ease + acceptance in my life.
Quest for balance guest !
Amazing experience, great friendly staff, better food!
Favourite parts: - lots of free time to use the property and amenities as you wish with assistance from staff - flexibility and group decision making for activities and itinerary - exploring areas around the lake on the paddle boards (bringing paints, snacks, iced tea etc) -fresh peaches and apples out all day all weekend
Northern Edge Algonquin sits at the Northwest Algonquin Park Access 1, Kawawaymog Lake, east of South River. In addition to lakefront access to Algonquin Park, and nature exploration opportunities within Algonquin Park, the nearby Forgotten Trails offer a wealth of trail hiking, mountain biking, snow-shoeing and skiing opportunities for the nature enthusiast.
Begin, transform, or deepen your yoga practice with daily guided classes in the cradle of Northern Edge Algonquin’s eco-retreat. The gentle and understanding yoga and adventure facilitators will bring you to the edge to try something new, with sea kayak and stand-up paddleboard instruction for women and men of any experience level on scenic Kawawaymog Lake.
Standing at full height on a SUP board, you’ll enjoy once-in-a-lifetime views of everything from Algonquin Park wildlife to what’s on the horizon. It’s like walking on water! If you’re feeling adventurous, take your yoga off the mat and onto the board with an introduction to practicing yoga on the water.
Day One - Arrivals:
- Get to know your facilitators & other participants with a lemonade and snack in the waterfront gardens.
- Enjoy a brief introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Before a delicious dinner introduced by chef Gregor in the dining room.
- Evening Welcoming circle & a soothing introductory yoga session geared towards preparing you for the weekend.
- Morning yoga session at 7:30 AM before a wonderfully natural breakfast. Afterwards, get comfortable on & in the water with some intro to SUP and Kayaking.
- Lunch at 12:30 PM , followed by unstructured dreamtime/free time to explore.
- Sauna will be fired up for 4:00 PM.
- Dinner 6:00 PM, followed by an evening hike or meditation on the floating yoga platform.
Day Three - Morning & Afternoon:
- Morning yoga session at 7:30 AM, again followed by breakfast.
- Afterwards, let’s take a day-trip to Blueberry Island for a
- picnic lunch & swim.
- Early evening yoga session at 4:00 PM, before gathering around our forest bake oven for the best hand-made artesian woodfired pizza you’ve ever had. Wrap up with an evening campfire after dinner.
- Morning Continental breakfast at 7:30 AM, followed by optional yoga session or choose-your-own activity.
- Join us for a deliciousfarewell brunch a, enjoy the sauna one more time before
- Closing circle and departure.
Sleep comfortably in eco-cabins designed in harmony with our forest home and participate in tailored experiences with locals including storytellers, artists, musicians, naturalists, yoga and wellness facilitators, food growers and chefs. Guests leave the edge feeling renewed & transformed, ready to live their extraordinary life.
Quest for Balance Program with all meals from arrival day dinner to departure day lunch and nourish yourself with organic & locally-sourced foods crafted with care.
Experience the peace and serenity of nature with great company, while balancing your mind body and spirit on a yoga vacation getaway. This experience is a fine balance between a sea kayak/stand up paddling adventure and a yoga retreat at the Edge of Algonquin Park.
- 3 Nights of accommodation and meals at Ontario’s award-winning Algonquin Park nature retreat
- Daily active and restorative yoga sessions
- Stand-up paddling (SUP) lessons and excursions
- Lakefront wood-fired sauna experiences
- Mouth-watering locally grown, organic meals
Northern Edge Algonquin
Northern Edge Algonquin Retreat & Awareness Centre is located near Toronto, just a few hours away from your everyday city life. Slip away from the world with us for a few days of adventure, restoration, rejuvenation.
All-Inclusive retreats at our solar-powered Algonquin Park, Ontario nature retreat center are hosted by inspiring retreat facilitators who help guests rediscover ourselves, empower one another and restore our connection to the earth.