No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Portugal Yoga Retreats
- Type: Yoga TTC
- Starting From: 21-April-2020
- Duration: 15 Days
- Area: Algarve, Portugal
- Food: Veg, Vegan
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Sea,Close To Nature
Bend it like Buddha Yoga invites you to join them in this 200 Hour Ashtanga & Vinyasa Yoga Training+ Bonus 8 Hour Ayurveda Massage Course
Participating in Bend it like Buddha's program can be the first step in a life-changing journey of health and wellness. This program guarantees the best of the best teachers for this unique double certification training with a bonus of an eight hour Ayurveda massage therapy certification. Be inspired, meditate, learn, contemplate, take home a valuable gift of restored health, and learn in depth about the art of teaching yoga, meditation, pranayama, yogic lifestyle, and more!
The people have been fantastic and the energy in the group was amazing. The diversity of teachers and what they each brought to the group has been so much more than I ever imagined.
Peaceful space to share knowledge with like minded beings coming from different backgrounds. This space helped me realise things about myself and life in general and will definitely be using this experience to empower others. This training also helped me connect with myself on a much higher level and connect with amazing beings on a spiritual level.
The atmosphere is amazing and helping us to develop and enjoy ourselves. The structures of the days and lessons are good and the food is delicious. The teachers are very knowledgeable and have opened me up to new ideas and methods.
The atmosphere is very welcoming and supporting. I appreciate all the knowledge put together so that we return home with a much better understanding of the anatomically correct yoga. I enjoy the teaching parts.
The morning asana practises are amazing. I am loving the classes and teachers. I am really loving the alignment classes and pranayama too. They are really educational and easy to f ollow. Also loving how much teaching practise we get.
Teachers are so knowledgeable and it's a very nurturing environment. Great range of classes and I am already starting to feel more comfortable teaching.
Loved the terrific group of encouraging and enthusiastic women, the mix of teachers, their mix of style and their encouragement. The time allotted for questions and answers during every class and the massage courses. An unexpected love.
L Farrah Furtado
Core Subject: RYT 500 Ashtanga Vinyasa teacher
L. Farrah Furtado is Canadian-Portuguese and is a Yoga Alliance E RYT 500 Ashtanga Vinyasa teacher, author of three spiritual best-selling award winning books, and director of Kaohsiung Yoga School and Bend it like Buddha Yoga in Portugal. She has lived in Asia for over 14 years, studying the healing arts in Buddhist monasteries in Taiwan, Balinese healing with energy healing masters in Ubud, and has trained in the traditional Ashtanga Vinyasa system and pranayama with BNS Iyengar, the lineage of Pattabhi Jois and Krishnamacharya in India. Farrah is a third degree Usui Reiki master.
Core Subject: Ashtanga Vinyasa Instructor
Tori Mitchell is an expert in Ashtanga Vinyasa and the founder and main instructor at Vibe Yoga, Taiwan. Her most recent background training is in the advanced teacher training in anatomy and adjustments with Arielle Nash at Centered Yoga in Koh Samui, Thailand. Tori Mitchell also studied Ashtanga Vinyasa with Manuel Ferreira, an authorized teacher from KPJAYI and also completed a two-week immersion with Iain Grysak in Ubud, Bali on pranayama, philosophy, and Ashtanga Vinyasa. She's trained in asana and pranayama in Mysore, India with the last living legend of Ashtanga, Guruji BNS Iyengar.
Core Subject: Yoga Instructor
she is passionate about what she does as yoga had such a special effect on her life. It is rare to be in one of her classes and to not burst out in laughter, child-like giggles or even laughing so hard your crying with stomach pains! Her classes are strong, creative,and super fun! Most importantly, she teaches from the heart. At Bend it like Buddha Danni teaches Vinyasa, How to theme and sequence classes, Kids yoga, Acro yoga and Adjustment-Modification classes. She has taught in classes, workshops and teacher trainings all over the world- India, Bali, Ireland, Portugal, Barcelona and Morrocco.
Core Subject: Yoga Instructor
Mafalda Rodriguez started practicing yoga about 11 years ago and soon realized how yoga is transforming, how it brings people back to their center and allows them a universal and conscious view of life. In 2008, she completed the yoga course in the Samkhya Line by FLY-Lusa Yoga Federation and in these nine years of experience teaching, learning a lot and continuing to learn through her students' needs, and with the challenges she is encountering on the way.
Core Subject: Hatha yoga
Reshma realized her passion for health and wellness more than 20 years ago when she first started working as a personal health and wellness coach with a local health club. Fascinated by the transformational potential of the body, breath, and mind she has been completely committed in empowering individuals to lead healthier lifestyles ever since.
This inspirational program is held at the gorgeous Praia da Rocha beach in Portimao. This area has inspired and has been chosen by several imminent yogis and well-known gurus to build ashrams and eco-communities in this region. As it is beautifully natural, peaceful and a refreshing place to restore your mind, body, and soul.
The program will take place a minute away from Praia da Rocha beach, Portimao-Algarve at the Bend it like Buddha Yoga school / studio. There are several good restaurants, shops, and cafes with a variety of other activities nearby.
Bend it like Buddha offers 140 contact hours and the 60 remaining hours are allotted for study and reviewing course material during free time, preparing for assignments, and pre-reading handouts prior to the program start date. Preparing prior to the program by pre-reading the course material helps students retain information and encourages everyone to get the most out of the training.
All the teachers of this retreat have their own yoga studios and are teaching yoga worldwide and have valuable wisdom to share regarding yoga business, branding, and social media. You will be inspired by the talented, passionate team, and learn from their wealth of information and decades of experience.
During your free time and rest days on Sundays, you are welcome to explore and try what you would like. In the Algarve, the things to do list is endless. This is your holiday retreat and Bend it like Buddha Yoga believes you should choose what's best for you. They can help you design an itinerary of unique activities and excursions, for an extra cost.
Upcoming Retreat Dates:
- 21 April 2020 - 4 May 2020
- 12 May 2020 - 25 May 2020
- 02 Jun 2020 - 15 Jun 2020
- 25 Sep 2020 - 07 Oct 2020
- 14 Oct 2020 - 26 Oct 2020
- 03 Nov 2020 - 16 Nov 2020
- 01 Dec 2020 - 14 Dec 2020
A Day before TTC : 5pm – Orientation (optional)
Official day of training : 6.30am
Last Day of TTC: End of training followed by Graduation dinner @ 4pm
Next Day: Check out
- Extra nights are 45 euro for shared & 75 euro for private including dinner
- 06:00 AM - 08:00 AM Alternating Ashtanga Primary series & Vinyasa Flow
- 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM Pranayama
- 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM Anatomy
- 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Breakfast
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Philosophy
- 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Meditation
- 12:30 PM - 13:30 PM Adjustments
- 13:30 PM - 14:00 PM Lunch
- 14:00 PM - 15:30 PM Practise Teaching Sequencing / How to lesson plan
- 15:30 PM - 16:30 PM Ayurveda Massage
- 16:30 PM - 17:30 PM Vinyasa Flow, Yin or Restorative Yoga
- 17:30 PM - 18:30 PM Satsang / Students Q/A
- 18:30 PM Dinner / Rest
*Subject to minor changes
The accommodations offered by Bend it like Buddha is at Flor da Rocha Portimao hotel apartments and have shower, toilet, patio, living room and a kitchen. Swimming pool, lounge chairs, cafe, 24 hr security/concierge, satellite television, strong wifi.
Flor da Rocha Apartments are classified as a 4 star Tourist Hotel and they just upgraded & remodelled all sections. Property includes a new spa, gym, dry & wet sauna and poolside cafe.
On request and at additional cost a premium private room at Flor da Rocha can be arranged for you, only 5 minute walking distance from the yoga school and Praia da Rocha beach.
The private option offers private bedroom, bathroom, own kitchen and patio accommodations. All bedrooms have their own bath and shower.
The following meals are included: Breakfast ,Lunch, Snacks,Tea and Detox juices.
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Whole food
If you have special dietary requirements it's a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation.
- Variety of daily Meditation and Pranayama ( powerful breathing techniques)
- Receive a one-of-a-kind training +certificate upon completion
- Alignment & Modification lessons in Ashtanga+ Vinyasa Flow
- Introduction to massage and Yoga Nidra Meditation
- Yoga Philosophy: How to apply 8 Limbs of Yoga into daily life, learn more about Patanjali Yoga
- Study The Patanjali Sutras and daily application of Yoga Teaching Methods
- Learn about Nutrition & Vegetarianism
- Modules on applied anatomy in a practical, applied manner
- Sound Healing session with gongs, Tibetan Singing Bowls,crystals, angel cards and powerful Kirtan and celebration.
- Reiki Attunement Session(optional)
- In-depth learning about yogic lifestyle
- Practice teaching yoga everyday
- 2 Daily yoga, meditation, and pranayama sessions
- 14 Nights accommodation
- 8 Hour Ayurveda Massage Course
- 200 Hour Ashtanga & Vinyasa Yoga Training
- Access to self-serve kitchen and dining area
- Balinese healing massage or Reiki massage
- Consultation, health assessment, and support after the training
- Daily morning tea or organic juices
- Daily organic vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Sacred sound mantra concert
- Tibetan sound bowl healing
- A walk to the Percurso dos Sete Vales Suspensos
- Boat tour or kayaking through beach grottos and caves
- Chilling out at the beach strip café
- Enjoying one of the healing treatments offered: Ayurvedic yoga massage, Reiki, and sound therapy
- Enjoying the beautiful beach cliff surroundings
- Meditation walk to the stunning beaches, caves, and grottos
- Optional kayaking trip to a private beach, lunch will be included
- Reading or writing
- Spiritual hiking trip with a guided yoga Nidra meditation at the peak
- Swimming at the stunning nearby beaches
- Taking a surf or paddleboard lesson
Bend It Like Buddha
Our school started out as a humble yoga co-op called Kaohsiung Yogi in Taiwan and held public yoga classes, workshops … for and by our community of yoga teacher friends at the local park for the community, to raise funds for local animal shelters and orphanges in Kaohsiung and still continues to run community classes in southern Taiwan.Currently just after a few years we have transformed into Bend it like Buddha Yoga, Praia da Rocha, Portugal which offers the top most popular yoga retreats.
The 200 hour Vinyasa & Ashtanga teacher training is a life changing and transformative journey!