No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Preksha Yoga Ashram
- Type: Yoga TTC
- Starting From: 07-February-2021
- Duration: 25 Days
- Area: Goa, India
- Food: Vegetarian,Organic
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Close To Nature
Preksha Yoga is rooted in the traditional practice of Hatha Yoga while embracing innovation of the current day, conducting inclusive teachings on yoga asanas, philosophy, anatomy, physiology, mantra chanting, chakras, ayurveda, mudras, kriya, pranayama and meditation.
We are heavily focused on teaching methodology and techniques to ensure our students merge from their ttc into the professional world of yoga as competent, self-assured, poised newly qualified teachers.
Core Subject: Yoga Instructor
Nitin Jain has been teaching Hatha yoga & meditation for last 18 years. Based in Mumbai, he has been trained at Sivananda ashram, Kerala, Mumbai University, and under several yoga teachers in various parts of India.
Core Subject: Hatha Yoga
Anjali is a dynamic and peaceful individual with progressive and practical in-depth knowledge of Yogic practices. She has been trained in various streams of yogic practices including Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa, and Iyengar. She has deep practical insights into Kriya yoga techniques mentioned in Hatha Yoga Texts such as Gherand Samhita & Hath Yog Pradipika.
This retreat will take place at Junos Vaddo, Mandrem, Goa, India. Located with the purpose of enhancing the yoga experience, Goa with its beaches surrounded by greenery and tropical climate presents a perfect backdrop for learning and practicing yoga.
Mantras and Chanting
- Practiced daily.
- Twice daily practice.
- What is meditation, how do we meditate, why we do it and its benefits.
- Introduction to various methods of meditation.
- Meaning Company of Truth; in the company of your teachers and fellow peers you are given the opportunity to ask and discuss any questions you may have.
Shatkriyas (Cleansing rituals)
- The different types of shatkriys and what they are.
- Why we use them.
Their effects and benefits.
- What is Pranayama.
- What is Prana?
- The different types of Pranayama and when do we use them; Nadishodhan, Sheetail, Shitkari, Bhramari, Ujjayi, Bhastrika, Suryabheda, Moorchha.
- Techniques of Pranayama.
- Why we practice Pranayama.
- Pranayama effects and benefits.
Physical Practice/ Asana Practice
- Develop your personal practice.
- 180 Classical Yoga poses including 84 beginnerss asanas and 35 advanced asanas shall be covered during your asana practice.
- Daily hands on modifications and variations given during your asana practice. All modifications given are specific to your body anatomy.
- Observation and feedback given on your practice to help improve your posture and alignment. Corrections, modifications and variations will be given.
Teaching Skill, Technique and Methodology
- Hands on teaching from day one. You will teach fellow students from the first day of your course, slowly building your confidence and expertise, preparing you for real world teaching.
- Experienced teachers will demonstrate and guide you through teaching methodologies, principles and how to instruct a class.
- Experienced teachers will demonstrate and guide you on how to adjust, modify and correctly align students.
- How to teach a class safely. Addressing and preventing injury.
- Teaching styles and the presence of a teacher in a class.
- Students will undergo daily observation on their teaching progress and be given constructive feedback.
Specialist Teaching Techniques:
- Children’s Yoga.
- Pregnancy yoga.
- Gentle Yoga.
Vedic and Yogic philosophy and history
The 4 paths of yoga
- Karma yoga
- Jnana yoga
- Bhakti yoga
- Raja yoga
Yogic diet and nutrition
Introduction to Ayurveda
- 06:00 AM: Satsang, meditation, chanting, and mantras
- 07:30 AM: Breakfast
- 08:15 AM: How to teach yoga classes
- 11:30 AM: Lunch
- 12:00 PM: Karma yoga
- 13:00 PM: Main lecture (philosophy, anatomy, and philology)
- 15:30 PM: Asana or pranayama class
- 18:00 PM: Dinner
- 21:30 PM: Meditation
- 22:00 PM: Lights out
Preksha Yoga Ashram provides an elegant and comfortable staying facility for their students, nurturing sanctuary for spiritual seekers from around the world, where they will have safe food, clean water, and guidance for their yogic journey. The rooms are clean, well ventilated, surrounded by gardens, and provided with dedicated silence zones.
During this teacher training course, you will be served three pure vegetarian meals per day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and herbal tea.
- 200 hours of intensive Hatha Yoga training over 25 days.
- A well-rounded understanding of 150+ yoga asanas, yogic philosophy, anatomy, physiology, mantra chanting, chakras, ayurveda, mudras, kriya, pranayama and meditation.
- Teaching methodology for multiple asanas to enable you to compose sequences.
- Build confidence as a yoga teacher due to comprehensive teaching methodology class and hands on teaching throughout the course.
- Experience the traditional yogic lifestyle in an authentic yoga ashram in Goa, India.
- 200 Hour certification
- 24 Nights' accommodation
- 3 Daily vegetarian meals
- Airport transfers
- Cleansing rituals
- Daily mantras and chanting sessions
- Daily meditation sessions
- Daily yoga classes
- Daily yoga teaching classes
- Philosophy, anatomy, and philology lectures
Preksha Yoga Ashram
Preksha Yoga offer its student ancient Indian spiritual method of Yoga to its students to better oneself physically, mentally and spiritually.