No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Soltara Healing Center
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 10-November-2019
- Duration: 8 Days
- Area: Nicoya Peninsula, Costa Rica
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan,Gluten Free,Organic,Dairy Free
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Sea,Forest,Mountain,Close To Nature
Soltara is excited and honored to be hosting Dr. McKenna for a special week of integrative medicine work offering a series of lectures and workshops as adjuncts to ayahuasca ceremony. Dr. McKenna will weave his scientific and cultural understanding of ayahuasca, psychedelics, consciousness, science, and spirituality throughout the week, providing an opportunity for participants to dive deeply into the world of holistic healing, from both an objective and experiential perspective.
This place is incredible. I’ve met some of the most amazing people during my stay the past week, staff and guests alike. The work they’ve done to create such a wonderful place for people to come and heal themselves is truly inspiring.
I personally was not able to establish the kind of connection with the plant medicine that I was hoping to, but this was still the best vacation of my life. It quite possibly has been the best overall week of my entire life for that matter. Considering I was mostly coming to experience the ayahuasca, and didn’t have much luck with it, that should tell you what an awesome place this really is.
The fact that what started as the focal point of my trip fizzled and disappointed, but the environment and people still managed to turn it into the time of my life speaks volumes to what is being done here. I will be forever grateful for the people that make this possible, and for the group I got to share it with.
Soltara is an amazing place. I can’t even really put into words the way I truly feel about my experience except that it was life changing for me. Every person there is so genuine and truly cares about your wellbeing. I can’t thank them enough and I pray that I can go back multiple times in the future. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of the facilitators and healers at Soltar.
Absolute wonderful experience. So much love and support. Couldn’t have asked for a better group to spend the week with. Forever grateful
Core Subject: Ethnopharmacologist
Dennis McKenna is an American ethnopharmacologist, research pharmacognosist, lecturer, and author. He is a founding board member and the director of ethnopharmacology at the Heffter Research Institute, a non-profit organization concerned with the investigation of the potential therapeutic uses of psychedelic medicines. He has also taught summer field courses in Ecuador for the University of Arizona, and courses in the Amazon and Andes for Pharmacy doctoral students at the University of Kansas and the Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Teobaldo Ochavano Lopez
Core Subject: Master Healer
Teobaldo Ochavano Lopez was born in the Ronuya district of Iparía, in the Ucayali region of the Peruvian Amazon jungle. His father, Teobaldo Ochavano Mahua Doña Luisa Lopez Maynas, was the first bilingual teacher and shaman in his community, and his mother used plant medicines to cure and heal. His entire family was very familiar with plant medicines, particularly ayahuasca, and from a very young age, Teobaldo was surrounded by this medicine work. After witnessing its immense healing power, he chose to continue on the path himself.
Marina Sinti Reategui
Core Subject: Master Healer
Marina Sinti Reategui was born in the Yarinacocha district of Pucallpa, in the Ucayali region of the Peruvian Amazon jungle. She learned the medicine work of ayahuasca from her mother and works with her husband Teobaldo help heal people together, both within their community and in bringing the medicine abroad. Marina has been on the shamanic path for the last 14 years, and before Soltara has brought her work with the medicine to multiple countries around South and Central America.
Soltara Healing Center is located on the calm and pristine Gulf of Nicoya in the mountainous tropical forest of Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula. Possessing the highest density of biodiversity of any country in the world, it is also labeled as one of the 5 “Blue Zones”, a term coined by National Geographic author Dan Buettner, describing places where a high percentage of the population lives active lives over the age of 100.
This week-long program is designed for your optimal ease and comfort, so you can free your mind to focus fully on yourself and your experience. Soltara is called to serve medicine in sacred ceremony with integrity, humility, and compassion. By creating a safe space and working only with experienced, well-intentioned healers and facilitators, they uphold the lessons of the medicines and build a foundation of mutual trust, authenticity, and respect.
Soltara strives to uphold the highest integrity in everything they do and be a beacon for responsible, safe, and ethical practices, such that their guests feel safe and supported to get the most out of their healing.
- Climbing the vine: 45 years of ayahuasca
- Origins of the imagination: speculations on the antiquity of consciousness
- What is not patented is prohibited: the exploitation, ownership, and criminalization of nature
We work with the land, the locals, and a lot of love to bring you beautiful and spacious rooms with stunning ocean vistas and sustainability in mind. Decorated with handcrafted Costa Rican decor and personal artisanal touches, you’ll be surrounded by the sounds of the rainforest and crashing waves as you relax and restore in quiet serenity and comfort.
We offer different room options to ensure that a high-quality healing experience is accessible for a variety of budgets.
Shared suites : For those seeking a more economical option, Soltara's shared dorm-style suite has two custom full-size bunk beds to accommodate up to four guests, along with a private bathroom, shower, and ocean-view balcony.
Couples : For couples who prefer privacy, Soltara's couples room features a king-size bed and accommodates two guests of any gender.
Single : For those who prefer privacy and quiet, this luxurious and spacious suite features a king-size bed and accommodates a single guest of any gender.
During your stay, you will be served fresh, organic, and pesticide-free meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is locally sourced in an ayahuasca-friendly manner.
With a belief in the need to encompass the emotional, energetic, and spiritual aspects of healing, our mission is to empower each guest to bridge the gap between mind, body, and spirit and become more fully embodied, integrated, and connected versions of themselves.
We feel that by healing ourselves first, aligning our past experiences and future actions with deep meaning and purpose, we can become true beacons of light and affect positive change in our lives and our world.
- Yoga classes for all levels throughout your stay
- Pranayama breathwork and meditation sessions
- 4 ayahuasca ceremonies with highly-experienced Peruvian female and male Shipibo healers
- One-on-one consultations with the healers (and translator)
- On-site integration workshops and sharing circles
- Multiple lectures and workshops led by Dr. McKenna throughout the week, followed by Q&A sessions
- Floral baths with medicinal plants lovingly prepared by the healers
- Participation in Soltara's premiere integration program and community with a highly qualified integration support team
- The opportunity to share stories, experiences, and ceremonies with Dr. McKenna throughout the week
- Intimate group sizes (maximum capacity of 20 guests) with individualized attention from healers during ceremonies
- High facilitator-to-guest ratio with skilled facilitators who have combined decades of experience working in ceremony and helping guests through the healing process
- Nature immersion and multiple walking trails in one of the most abundant and biodiverse regions on the planet
- Access to Soltara's creative space for music, art, writing, and dance
- Access to Soltara's private on-site pool
- Access to two semi-private beaches with gentle waters along the gorgeous Gulf of Nicoya
- 7 nights accommodation with air-conditioning in all rooms
- High-speed Wi-Fi (although Soltara encourages all guests to disconnect as much as possible!)
- Daily meals prepared fresh daily from organic, pesticide-free, local sources in an ayahuasca-friendly manner
- Transportation to and from the pick-up location near Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO)
- Lifetime 10% discount for all return visits
Soltara Healing Center
Awaken each morning to bird songs, monkeys playing in trees, and crashing waves in the distance. Pick a juicy mango, a lime, or a coconut right off a tree if you’d like, or meander your way through our gardens and groves across 21 acres of unspoiled flora and fauna. Easily accessible from the airport, yet tucked away on seaside cliffs overlooking the crystal blue Gulf of Nicoya, we invite you to an immersive experience letting nature unveil itself before you and surround you in harmony, compassion, and peace.
At our seaside haven in the mountainous tropical forest of Costa Rica, we’ve created a framework for you to dig deep, uncover the energetic roots of blockages, self-limiting beliefs, and negative programs that may be holding you back, and help you fully release them and step into your power..