200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training, Kathmandu Nepal
Himalayan Yoga Academy offer a 200-hour first level yoga teacher training program with fundamental principles of yoga sciences, philosophical aspects, training skills, workshops, teaching methodology, practicum, all following a very original foundation. After this 200 hours course, you may join the 300-hour advanced training, as well.
1. Techniques, Training And Practice: Total 100 Hours
- Minimum Contact Hours: 75 hours
- Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 50 hours
- Prayer: Omchant, Mantraprayer and Chanting
- Jogging; Subtle exercise, Dynamic (warm up) exercise, Spinal exercise and Suryanamaskar (Traditionalandintegratedformboth)
- Satkarma: Dhauti, Basti, Neti, Nauli, Tratak and Kapalbhati
- Asana (postures): Meditative postures, Relaxing Postures, Balancing Postures,FitnessmaintainingPostures,Invertedpostures.
- Body Alignment in Yoga Yoga safety guidelines
- Mudra, Bandha and Pranayama (Breathing Ethics) Yoga nidra (Yogic Sleep) and Dhyana (Meditation) Guided Teaching Practice
2. Teaching Methodology: Total 25 Hours
- Minimum Contact Hours: 15 hours
- Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 10 hours
- Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations, to the degree possible in a group setting
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Teaching styles and Qualities of a teacher
- The student learning process
- Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal)
3. Anatomy And Physiology: Total 20 Hours
- Minimum Contact Hours: 10 hours
- Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 0 hours
- Constituents of Human Body: Cells, Tissues, Organs, Terminologies; System of Protection and Movement of bones, joints, muscles, Flexibility, Efficiency, Body Alignment, System of Intake of raw materials and the elimination e.g Digestive, Respiratory, Excretory; Communication and Immune system-Cardiovascular, Nervous, Endocrine, Lymphatic: Spiritual anatomy and physiology: Pancha kosa, Chakras, Physical and spiritual Nadis, Kundalini power etc.
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle And Ethics For Yoga Teachers: Total 30 Hours
- Minimum Contact Hours: 20 hours
- Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 0 hours
- The brief study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts: Meaning, Definition and History of Yoga, Biography of some yogic Rishis such as Lord Shiva,Patanjali;
- Brief introduction of the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Pradipika and Gherand Samhita;
- Forms of yoga: Karma yoga, Bhakti yoga, Gyana yoga, Dhyana yoga, Mantra yoga, Hatha yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga
- Yogic Lifestyle: Day Regimen, Night Regimen and Seasonal Regimen, Aahara – Vihaara – Vichaara – Vishraama;
- Ethics: Yama (social ethics): eg. Ahimsa (non-violence), Satya (truthfulness); Asteya (non-stealing), Aparigraha (non-possessiveness), Bhrahmacharya (True nature) Niyama (individual ethics): eg. Shouch (purification); Santosha (contentment), Tapa (tenacity), Swadhyaya (self study), Ishwor pranidhan (self surrender to god)
- Concepts of Dharma and Karma, Bondage and Moksha
- Yogic Aahara / Sattvic Food, Rules of healthy food habits
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others (seva)
5. Practicum: Total 10 Hours
- Minimum Contact Hours: 5 hours
- Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 5 hours
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
- Remaining Contact Hours and Elective Hours
The remaining Contact Hours (55 hours) and elective hours (15 hours, either contact or non-contact) are to be distributed among the five educational categories, but the hours may be allocated at the discretion of each RYS based on their program’s focus.
Subodh SimkhadaCore Subject: Reiki Master
The teaching training program will take place at Himalayan Yoga Academy in Kathmandu, Nepal. Kathmandu is the capital and largest municipality of Nepal and is the gateway to tourism in Nepal. It is portrayed as a beautiful valley with historical landmarks, old monasteries, arts, cultural heritage, and as the city of temples.
DAILY SCHEDULES FOR YTT
- 06:00 am – Wake up and Ushapan (Early Drinking water)
- 06:30 - 07:00 am – Jala Neti (Nasal Cleansing) and Herbal Tea
- 07:00 - 08:45 Am – Bhakti Yoga (Prayer/Chants), Warm Up Exercise, Suryanamaskar, Yogasana, Bandha, Pranayama, Shanty Path (Peace Mantra
- 09:00 - 10:00 am- Breakfast and Herbal Tea
- 11:00-01:00 Pm- Yoga Class Theoretical& Practical 6 Days A Week
- 01:00-02:00 pm- Vegetarian Lunch and Herbal Tea
- 02:00-03:00 pm- Library / Self-study
- 03:30-05:00 Pm- Yoga Practical Class 6 Days A Week
- 05:00 - 05:15 pm- Herbal Tea
- 05:15 - 06:45 Pm- Bhakti Yoga (Prayer/Chants), Spinal Asana/ Suryanamaskar; Yoga-Nidra, Mudra, Dhyana Yoga (Meditation)
- 07:00 - 07:30 pm- Dinner and Herbal Tea
- 07:30 - 08:30 pm- Bhakti Yoga (Prayer/Chants), Trataka (Concentrated Gaze) and Discussion
- 08:30 – 09:45 pm- Evening walk, Vajrasana, Self-study & Practice
- 10:00pm- Bed Time (Lights out)
You will be accommodated at Himalayan Yoga Academy. At Himalayan Yoga Academy they have twelve rooms with attached bathrooms, hot and cold shower, yoga hall, comfortable and hygienic kitchen, herbal tea, organic food, spa chambers, sauna - steam bath, swimming pool, sunbath beds, tiny beautiful gardens, meditation zones, library, music instruments, yoga mats, and Wi-Fi.
During your stay, you will be provided with three daily vegetarian or vegan meals, as well as herbal tea and water. During festivals and rituals, you will be offered cultural food. Himalayan Yoga Academy strive to provide organic and vegetarian / vegan meals, but if you have special dietary needs please notify them in advance. They will try to accommodate your needs as best they can.
What Makes This Program Special?
This Sacred place to do yoga teacher training where the spiritual aspects are its highlights. In this month you will build a firm foundation from where to continue your spiritual journey. You will know the direction of a new way of living a yogic way, our professional instructor Dr Subodh will support you in following this direction. You will feel very positive and peaceful the whole time while staying with us. We always want everybody to enjoy and get more benefits for their yogic healthy and happy life.
- Airport Transfer (From Airport to HYA & HYA to Airport)
- Accommodation; Attached Bathroom with Hot & Cold shower
- Sauna & Steam; Swimming Pool (Only in Summer)
- Towel and slippers
- 3 vegetarian or Vegan meals daily (Cultural Food on Festivals & Rituals)
- Daily herbal tea as mentioned above, Drinking water
- Training Fees
- Daily therapy session on Main Retreat Days only
- Library of yoga literature
- Yoga Book-1, Notebook-1, Pen-1, Jalaneti pot-1, Lady Dress for Female and Yoga dress for Gents
- One Day Hiking Yoga; One Day World Heritage Yoga Tours
- Some Therapies as complement
- Volunteer teaching few hours a week in School as your interest
Himalayan Yoga Academy
At Himalayan Yoga Academy we have twelve rooms with attached bathroom for accommodation, hot & cold shower, yoga hall, comfortable & hygienic kitchen, herbal tea, organic food, spa chambers, sauna – steam bath, swimming pool, sunbath beds, tiny beautiful gardens, meditation zones, library, music instruments, yoga mats and wi-fi.
Why choose Suyog Simkhada
This place exudes an energy of peace and happiness and we are trying to unite the world and the world people throughout the great ancient sacred science, knowledge and experiences more philosophically, clinically and spiritually that more and more people may enjoy and enter into the inner world.
200 hour yoga teacher training is an exciting courses made by our passionate and yogi instructors with an open mind and impressive knowledge, a lot of kindness, competence and humor. We are supportive to those who are looking to change positive life with health, happiness and harmony.