No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Tamazirt by Amayour
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 20-April-2019
- Duration: 6 Days
- Area: Taghazout , Agadir, Morocco
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan,Gluten Free
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Close To Nature
On 19 April the full moon will light up the skies over Tamazirt by Amayour and in honour we will kick off our five-night pink moon yoga retreat on 20 April 2019 with Pip Roberts in the Anti-Atlas Mountains near Taghazout, Morocco.
The effects of a full moon can be felt for 3 days either side, so we are gathering for the pink moon, the day after it reaches its full ripeness for this retreat
Core Subject: Hatha Yoga
Pip offers vibrant, thoughtful and relaxing classes stemming from her intuitive self practice and varied inspiring trainings (having trained with the British wheel of Yoga in hatha, flow with Tara Stiles and Shiva Rea and yin with Norman Blair). Her group and private sessions are guided in a clear and useful way that provides encouragement, confidence and space for discovery. Pip is a dedicated practitioner with a playful edge and always brings a smile to class while providing a contained and flowing yoga experience. Classes are laid back, energetic and have an open vibe, with an emphasis on what feels good for the individual on the mat.
From our doorstep, guests can set off on guided hikes through the countryside where life the kindness and generosity of the local people cannot be beat. In the distance, shepherds graze their herds, the muezzin calls the prayer from the tiny mosque sat on the hill opposite Tamazirt by Amayour, and a local hammam nearby is perfect for a scrub.
Start each day with a morning “lunar namaskar”, a steady-paced and slinky flow, working with the elements to find resonance with the cycles seen and felt in the skies above. Slower than the classical sun salutations, these free-flowing, more restorative, moving meditations are easily adaptable to the day’s energy levels and yogi experience.
Afternoon/evening practices are more restorative, and mostly floor based, designed to literally refill your cup. Expect plenty of bolster hugging and yoga Nidra (yogic sleep).
Throughout the six-day retreat, Pip will lead two yin workshops:
A deep dive into the water element: A journey into the fluidity of the water element within the depths of body through a yin yoga practice, submerging ourselves into subtle movement within stillness. This is perfect for those who are planning a surf lesson throughout the week.
New shoots: A yin practice for spring, to re-enliven the inner energy, and leave you feeling energised and ready for real life at home, whatever it holds.
- Two Double Rooms With En-Suite Bathroom
- One Double Room With Shared Bathroom
- One Triple Room With Shared Bathroom
- Dorm-Style Space For Up To Six Guests Complete With Storage Space
- Two Bathrooms Are Located On The Main Floor And One On The Rooftop Terrace.
- The Rooms Are Equipped With Fine Linens, Bath Towels And Toiletries.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and tea station with fresh fruit are provided throughout the retreat.
Chefs reside on-site during our retreats and are carefully selected to ensure menus are of the highest quality. Meals are served communal style and vegan and gluten-free meals can be arranged.
TAMAZIRT BY AMAYOUR is a place to practice yoga and meditate, but also to unwind on the rooftop terrace while watching life in the local Amazigh village of Agouni unfold, to laze by the pool during warm afternoons, to indulge in locally sourced menus, and gaze at the stars as night falls.
- Fresh And Wild Modern Moroccan Meals With Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner And Fruit Snacks Included. Contact Us For Vegan And Gluten-Free Options
- 90-Minute Morning Flow
- 60-Minute Evening Restorative Class
- Yogic Events Such As A Guided Practice To Meditation, Mindful Walks
- Use Of Swimming Pool
- Guided Tour Of Agadir Souk Mid Stay
- Extra Excursions Such As Surfing And Paradise Valley Can Be Added.
- One-Way Airport Transfer From Agadir Airport Or Bus Station To Tamazirt By Amayour
- If You’re Arriving Via Marrakech Or Essaouira, Contact Us For Participant Rates
- Yogamatters Mats, Bolsters, Eye Pillows & Blocks
- Retreat Runs From Saturday – Thursday. If You Wish To Extend Your Stay In Taghazout, Extra Nights Can Be Added At Our Sister Property, Amayour Surf Hostel
TAMAZIRT BY AMAYOUR
Spread over three floors and with capacity for up to 15 guests, co-owners Shiraz Ksaiba and and M’hand Naciri mix Amazigh knowledge and a London eye for style to create a stylish yoga retreat centre tucked away in the hills near Taghazout, Morocco.
Daily meals are shared on the rooftop terrace with uninterrupted views of the sunset and the sound of the call to the prayer from the nearby mosque. Most guests sleep on the main level where there’s a snug sitting area for unwinding with a cup of tea or a bit of journaling and reflection.
Nearby the heated pool with lounge chairs and parasols provide the perfect spot for a swim or poolside lounging with a good read under the warm African sun.