No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: The Sanctuary
- Type: Yoga TTC
- Starting From: 01-December-2019
- Duration: 21 Days
- Area: Puntarenas, Costa Rica
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan,Gluten Free,Organic,Ayurvedic,Dairy Free
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Sea,Forest,Close To Nature,River
Our Yoga Alliance Approved 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training intensive immersions at The Sanctuary at Two Rivers in Costa Rica’s Blue Zone will give you three weeks to focus on your yoga practice with other curious, interesting people from around the world.
Infused with Vinyasa, Meditation, Mantra, Ritual, Ayurveda & Dance, The Lakshmi Rising Yoga Teacher Training Program is one of the most unique and transformative anywhere in the world.
Amazing Experience !
I did love the sanctuary and i will recommend from my heart. I had a amazing time , the level of the tt was great. Liz have a very special way to teach and make sure we had fun and feel save trough the process .
All the areas and rooms always clean and neat. Gaia cuisine was another experience at them self! Food for the soul, i really really enjoy each meal.
I had suffered of chronic constipation all my life and with the very special way basic on ayurvedic knowledge i healed for good and understood my body much better. Thank you sanctuary
An Amazing Sanctuary - Amazing Yoga & Delicious food!
I stayed at the Sanctuary at Two Rivers in February and March 2018 as I did my RYT 200h Yoga Teacher Training there with Lakshmi Rising. I cannot find words for how wonderful this experience was!
The training was excellent in every way, the food was more than delicious; a wonderful vegetarian menu that felt like heaven, and beautiful, comfortable luxurious houses - in the midst of the jungle with Ylang Ylang trees and wild monkeys as your closest neighbour.
I can highly recommend it to any
Core Subject: Yoga Instructor
Her dynamic vinyasa yoga classes are a fusion of fluid movement, flexibility, core strengthening and balance where you will find rhythm and awareness, breath and calm, ritual and rock and roll, integration of body, mind, heart and spirit. She teaches retreats, workshops and teacher trainings internationally with the intention of spreading love, health and beauty.
The sanctuary is perched approximately 1,000 yards slightly above the Pacific Ocean in Cabuya at the southernmost tip of the Nicoya Peninsula which is one of only five Blue Zones in the entire world by having a large concentration of centenarians living in the area. It is only two miles from Costa Rica's first national nature preserve, Reserva Cabo Blanco, and neighbors to the quaint artistic beach-town of Montezuma and the surf towns Mal Pais and Santa Teresa.
It is a time for you to enjoy life while learning about the timeless tradition of yoga, cultivating true health and happiness and making new friends. Investing in a Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program is a life enriching experience even if you have no intention of teaching.
Techniques and Training:
- Daily Sadhana: A 90-120 minute asana practice each morning (also includes Pranayama & Mantra)
- Daily Meditation: Several different techniques will be introduced and explored so that students will leave with a solid foundation for cultivating a personal practice
- Asana Lab: Break down of over 130 Asanas, names in traditional Sanskrit and common English names, how to teach them, physical & energetic anatomy of each asana, contraindications & hands on, energetic and verbal assists
- Asana Families: Catagories of postures, general benifits, contraindications & sequencing tips
- The Art of Sequencing: Learn to move your students in a way they have never been moved before. We will go over key concepts like the components of a class, building to a "peak pose", using theme and variation & counterposes
- Pranayama Lab: Methods, Benefits, Contraindications & Teaching Techniques
- Mantra & Chanting: In Sanskrit with English translation and significance
- Ritual: How to make life a sacred & purposeful journey
- Effective Assisting: Enhancing the Asana
- Components of a Class
- Dynamic Use of Language
- Intention Setting & Themes
- Music: How to use Sacred Vibrations to Create an Experience
- Voice as an Instrument: Tone & Tempo
- Yoga in the World Today: Styles and Lineage
- Qualities of a Good Teacher
- Business of Yoga, Marketing & Social Media
- Options for Certified Yoga Instructors
Anatomy & Physiology:
- Physical Body A&P
- Subtle Body including Chakras, Bandhas, Nadis, Acupressure and Marma Points, Vayus & Koshas
- Getting out of the Head & into the Body, Awakening Intuition Thinking vs. Sensing
Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics:
- 8 limbs of Yoga
- Yamas & Niyamas
- Yoga Sutras
- Yoga in the World Today
- Art of Ritual
- Diet & Nutrition
- Intro to Ayurveda, the 5 Elements & the 3 Gunas
- Karma Yoga: Being of Service, Giving Back and Making the World a Better Place
- YA Code of Ethics
- Posture Clinic & Practice Teaching - students will be teaching Asana, Pranayama and chanting with partners and in groups, openly giving & receiving feedback
- Each student must create & teach a 30 minute class to be critiqued by instructors and peers
- 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM Sadhana: Asana, Pranayama, Mantra and Discussion
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM Breakfast, discussion of sacred texts or silence
- 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Training Session
- 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Gourmet Vegetarian Lunch with nutrition natural health discussion
- 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM Training Session
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Dinner with Gratitude Practice
- 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM Silent Yoga Practice
- 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM Self Led Meditation and Journaling
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM Silent Breakfast
- 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM Excursion with lunch in town
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Nourishing Delicious Dinner
- 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM Coffee & tea
- 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM Morning Sahhana
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM Delicious Breakfast
- 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM Nature Ritual
- 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Yummy Lunch
- 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM Yoga Film
- 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM Nourishing Ayurvedic Dinner
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers in Costa Rica can accommodate up to 16 individuals. They offer two types of eco-chic accommodations: jungle lofts and studio houses. Each room has its own unique qualities, size, bed options, and layout. All houses are set amongst picturesque tropical gardens with observation decks, hammocks, and wonderful jungle vistas.
The lofts and studios are powered by the high-tech solar power system, have green lighting, spectacular outdoor solar hot water showers with garden views, ceiling fans, and screened in walls, giving you an up-close and intimate experience with nature.
Artistic-gourmet vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free cuisine comprises one of the pillars which supports, nourishes, detoxes, and cleanses you on a Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program or Yoga Retreat Vacation in Costa Rica.
Our talented plant-based chef creates three unforgettable Gaia Gourmet vegetarian or vegan meals per day inspired by the world’s greatest cuisines. Our healthy organic food is artistically crafted to please all of the senses.
Meals are designed around the seasons using Ayurvedic principles while incorporating the best and freshest local ingredients, herbs and spices. We procure and serve all organic produce from local Costa Rican family farms. Our meals are well balanced and prepared with love. This positive energy is infused into the food, aiding the digestion process.
This approach is a revitalizing laboratory for experiencing and expressing our unique Self while mindfully honoring all that exists in each present moment.
Our practice cultivates mental, physical and spiritual strength so that we are able to recognize and transform habits, patterns and conditionings that cause suffering in any way.
We use the mat as a metaphor to understand what holds us back so that we can eliminate all that is not effective in the unfoldment of our own unique evolutionary process.
Some practices are challenging, vigorous and will require self-discipline. Some practices are slow and juicy with therapeutic space for rest and relaxation. Both styles are valuable, both are important. Lakshmi Rising is the place where sweat, tears, openness and fun meet softness, quiet, introspection and self love.
- Yoga teacher training program with over 180 contact classroom hours
- Daily Sadhana and meditation practice
- Unique Lakshmi Rising School for Yoga and Wellness training manual
- 2 Round-trip transportation to either Montezuma or Santa Teresa for beach relaxation
- At least 1 jungle beauty ritual using indigenous flowers, herbs, and oils
- Full access to The Sanctuary at Two Rivers' 40 acres tropical paradise
- Daily house-keeping and weekly laundry service
- Concierge services
- Applicable taxes
- Unlimited shade-grown organic self-serve coffee
- An assortment of teas and fruits for snacking
- Super-filtered mountain spring water for drinking and bathing
- Daily 3 Organic gourmet vegetarian or vegan meals served to you each day
- 20 Nights' accommodation
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers
The Sanctuary at Two Rivers is a magical private rental property exclusively for amazing Yoga Retreats, Yoga Teacher Trainings, or groups of up to 16 people whom are interested in health and wellness. We are one of a select few Retreat Centers in the world that was specifically designed and built by veteran yogis whose sole intention was to create a first-class Retreat Center to commune with nature, practice yoga, contemplate, meditate, detox, and become balanced through health and wellness Yoga Retreat Vacations.