Vinyasa Sequencing Teacher Training Costa Rica
100hr Training with International teachers of 30 years: Ron Reid and Marla Meenakshi Joy
This yoga teacher training program is an opportunity for you to find the means to bring more mindfulness to your yoga practice as well as your classes if you teach. For practitioners it is an opportunity to deepen your understanding of the practice, for teachers, this program can be an add on to your 200 hr TT., and would be considered an elective as part of our 300-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
Downward Dog Yoga Center has been a teaching school since 1999, and is registered with the Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour, 300-hour, and 500-hour levels.
65 Hours during the training, 35 Hours homework after the training.
Mornings: A mixture of Mysore (Self-practice), Themed Led vinyasa classes & Asana Lab
- You will be learning to develop a self-practice building up to the pose you’re working on, which creates both discipline, but also endurance, independence and freedom!
- Sequencing - Led Vinyasa Classes & Asana Lab. How to truly deepen and refine your physical and mental awareness around your practice. An in-depth look at workshop themes for classes (this will include preparation, modifications, and vinyasa kramas) - working your way from simple to more complex poses.
Yoga Philosophy: Creating your asana series in alignment with your theme
- Bringing philosophy into your classes, infused and integrated with Chanting, and Integration practices of Restorative and Yoga Nidra.
Ron ReidCore Subject: Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Marla Meenakshi JoyCore Subject: Pranayama, Yoga Nidra, Vinyasa
Located along the stunning coastline of the Nicoya Peninsula, Playa Guiones serves as a good surfing destination in Costa Rica. With 7 kilometers of sugar-white sand and ideal conditions for a variety of activities, this small town is a little slice of paradise in Guanacaste. In fact, a couple hundred meters of the shoreline received a Blue Flag for its pristine, eco-friendly and well-maintained beaches.
This little-known town doesn't attract a large amount of travelers, making it the perfect tropical destination for those looking for a little R & R.
- MORNING : SELF-PRACTICE / LED CLASS
- 6:30 - 8:30 : BREAKFAST Vegetarian menu, vegan options
- 09:30 - 12:00 : ASANA LAB
- 12:00 - 13:00 : LUNCH Vegetarian menu, vegan options
- 13:30 - 15:30 : YOGA PHILOSOPHY AND SEQUENCING
- EVENING : FREE TIME / BEACH / SURF / SUNSET WATCHING
- 7:30PM : DINNER
Vegetarian dinner in the hotel or pre-booked set menu in the restaurant with fish options
Boutique hotel in Nosara offering first class guest experiences through accommodation, ocean view yoga deck, juice bar, gardens and pool side lounging.
Enjoy the breakfasts and lunches at Vivo's Juice bar. Try the tasty menu options elaborated by Meghan Pearson herself! Meg is well known as natural food chef, an intuitive eating educator with a passion for plants, a certified professional plant-based and living foods chef, raw food culinary teacher, and all around foodie.
The Juice Bar of the hotel will serve vegetarian breakfasts and lunches. Vegan options available on request. Please communicate to us any food restrictions you might have. The Juice Bar will be opened throughout the day serving fresh juices, smoothies, baked goods, snacks, coffee & latte options.
Dinners are going to be made by private chef on certain evenings and on others we will go out to nice local restaurants.
What Makes This Program Special?
Teacher Training with International teachers of 30 years experience: Ron Reid and Marla Meenakshi Joy in one of the most beautiful pristine beaches of Costa Rica held in the boutique hotel with the rooftop yoga studio with jungle and ocean 360 view!
- 100hr Training Program: Ashtanga Yoga, Sequencing and Yoga Philosophy Training with Ron Reid & Restorative with Marla Meenakshi Joy.
- 12 Nights Accommodation: double accommodation in a high-end boutique hotel with ocean / jungle view, swimming pool, completely renovated rooms. Please precise if you are a couple. Possibility to upgrade to Single Accommodation.
- F&B: vegetarian breakfasts, lunches, and dinners throughout the whole training.
- 1 Activity in Nosara area during free day.
- Transfer: 2 shuttle taxis from Liberia airport to Nosara (morning & afternoon) will be provided. In case you fly in and from San Jose, we can help you to organise the shuttle with additional fare.
- Afternoon shuttle Vivo Hotel - Guiones Downtown.
Downward Dog Yoga Studio
Since 1997, Downward Dog Yoga Centre has been at the heart of Toronto's Yoga Community, offering yoga classes that inform all levels of practice. We offer led yoga classes, including weekly vinyasa yoga, yin yoga and restorative yoga. Downward Dog is also home to one of Toronto's longest running Mysore (self-practice) programs.
Payment And Cancellation Policy
All students registering for a yoga program with Downward Dog Yoga Centre agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Program deposits are nonrefundable however full credit of $500 will be granted for use toward a future Downward Dog Yoga Center program valid for three years when you cancel with more than 60 days to your program's start date.
- Any payments other than the non-refundable deposit are refundable, less a 25% processing fee, up to 45 days prior to the first day of your retreat or training. Or, if you cancel more than 45 days in advance of your program, you can choose to receive a full credit, with no deductions and valid for three years, toward a future program at Downward Dog Yoga Center. No refunds are given within 30 days of the start date of your program.
- No credit is given if you cancel less than 30 days in advance, if you do not show up, or if you leave early for any reason.
- Final payments are due 4 weeks before the start of your retreat or training. Downward Dog Yoga Centre reserves the right to cancel your reservation if we do not receive full payment within 30 days of the start date of your program.
Why choose Tiana Yoga
This training is for you if you have:
- A desire to hone in and refine your teaching skills.
- A wish to learn about living, practicing and teaching the 8-limbed yoga path towards cultivating a centred, grounded and purposeful life.
- An inclination to learn how to bringing sequencing themes and yoga philosophy to your classes or how to build up to a more challenging pose in your personal practice.
- An aspiration to bring yoga practice off the mat and awaken the “living yoga” to transform your life.
- Take your plane tickets, everything esle is taken care for you once you arrive to Costa Rica!