16 Days Thai Massage Training and Yoga Retreat, Greece
A hands-on experience full of authentic THAI MASSAGE, Qigong and Yoga on the island of Crete in Greece to become a certified Thai Massage practitioner.
Traditional Thai massage is an ancient healing system of tissue, muscle and joint mobilizations using a pressing, stretching, turning and moving, which is performed while fully clothed. Thai massage includes much more than the traditional massage because it involves rhythmic acupressure, reflexology, energy work and stretching, a form of passive yoga.
Υou will learn the basic routine of this wonderful healing art from Thailand. At the end of the program, for which you need no prior knowledge, you will be able to safely conduct a whole body Thai massage. You will also be taught a special Qigong form, a special Yoga routine, and a Self-massage program, all tailored to the needs of a Thai massage practitioner.
Hi, I am Ioannis. The first massage module I came in contact with was the imperial Chinese massage called Chi Nei Tsang. This helped me to discover how much I enjoyed helping others to enhance their own energy flow and thus heal themselves. This experience led me to further studies on Shiatsu, Reiki, Thai Massage, Hatha Yoga, Touch for Health (applied Kinesiologie) and Sotai Corrective Bodywork. Today, as a certified associate instructor of Master Mantak Chia’s Universal Healing Tao System, I teach Conscious Breathing, Healing Sounds, Chinese Yoga, Qi Gong and Meditation. I am also a 300h certified Hatha Yoga teacher by the Lotos Yoga Academy, one of the oldest Yoga Alliance Certified schools in Greece. But mostly I teach and practice Thai massage as a way of living life through “insightful touch”, as one could freely translate the Sanskrit phrase “Kavi Hasta”.
A full list of my teachers follows:
- Panayotis Kontaxakis – Universal Healing Tao Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Dao Yin (Chinese Yoga), Healing Sounds, and Meditation
- Juan Li – Dream Yoga
- Master Wang Ting Yun – Medical Qi Gong for the spine
- Master Wen Mei Yu – Soaring Crane Qi Gong
- Dr. Gaspar Garcia – 8 Jewels Qi Gong
- Dr. Ho – Traditional Chinese Medicine & Ear Acupuncture
- Dr. George Pappas – Tai Chi Qi Gong & Daoist Meditation
- Dr. George Aggelinakis – Bio energy Balancing
- Moscha Skodra – Shiatsu
- George Tsirakidis – Thai Massage
- Spyros Peristeris – Thai Massage
- TMC Thai Massage School – Traditional Thai Massage
- Sunshine Massage School – Thai Massage meets Osteopathy
- Dimitris and Natasa Galani – Reiki I
- Panayotis Manikis – Fukuoka style natural farming
- Master Duan Zhi Liang – Wu Ji Qi Gong
- S.N.Goenka and assistants – Vipassana meditation in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- Master Tew Bunnag – Bodhisattva virtues and Tai Chi Chuan
- Dr. Kyriakos Zografos – Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
- Linda Kapetaniou – Hatha Yoga
- Andrzej Kalisz – Zhan Zhuang Qi Gong
- Panayotis Derventis – Daoyin Yangsheng Gong
- Professor Dimitris Bilalis – Introduction to organic farming
- Biff Mithoefer – Yin Yoga
- Master Juan Li – Tibetan meditation to transform emotions and beliefs
- Robert Krzisnik & Marjeta Novak – The Transformational Power of Nonviolent Communication
- Master Liu Jianshe – Zhineng Qigong
- Irene Norberg – Touch for Health 1 (International Kinesiology College)
- Monroe Institute – Hemi Sync
- Elias Koubounis – Introduction to Laughter Wellness
- Zeta Tabaki – Chinese herbs and applications
- Oriental Medicine Centre – Sotai Corrective Bodywork
- Matthew Dinakis – Su Jok
- Jong Kook Baik – Korean Hand Therapy (KHT)
- Mark Gessler – 5 Elements Acupuncture Theory
- Centre of continuous education and training of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens – Adults Education
- Jeff Reid – Wudang 5 Animals Qigong
Ioannis SampsonidisCore Subject: Thai massage, Yoga, and Qigong teacher
“Out in the dark blue sea there lies a land called Crete, a rich and lovely land, washed by the waves on every side”, The Odyssey.
Crete is perhaps the most famous travel destination of Greece, especially among those who seek the traditional side of the Greek culture. Offering a unique and diverse landscape, a chance to come close to the local customs, native people with authentic hospitality and the Cretan cuisine, famous worldwide for its taste and health benefits, Crete is a “must explore” for the conscious travelers of today.
Although globalization, tourism, and economic growth have inevitably changed the way of life in Crete, especially in the large urban centers, to a modern and cosmopolitan style, the Cretans still preserve the bonds with their rich folk traditions and cultural heritage. The Cretan dances are still danced at every opportunity and the “madinades” and the “rizitika” songs resound in every celebration. In the countryside, many old Cretan men and women wear the traditional costume and the Cretan idiom is widely spoken even in the large cities.
There is an exceptional artistic production in traditional sectors such as pottery, embroidery, jewelry, etc and of course the very special Cretan Music. Arts and literature had always played a significant role in the life of the Cretan people. Famous painters like El Greco, Michael Damaskinos, writers like Nikos Kazantzakis, poets like Vincenzos Kornaros and Odysseas Elitis, composers like Mikis Theodorakis, Manos Hatzidakis and Giannis Markopoulos are Cretans or of Cretan origin. Today there are many important Cretans with significant contribution in all aspects of the cultural life in Greece.
Extra virgin olive oil, legumes, and vegetables still constitute the base of the local cuisine as they have done for thousands of years and make the Cretan cuisine renowned worldwide for its benefits on longevity and good health.
- 07:30 – 09:00 Morning qigong or/and yoga practice
- 09:30 – 10:30 Breakfast
- 11:00 – 14:00 Thai massage training
- 14:00 – 16:30 Free time and light lunch
- 16:30 – 19:30 Thai massage training
- 20:00 – 21:00 Supper
- Yin Yoga
- Partner Yoga
- Meditation Practice
Contents of the Seminar:
- Basics of Thai medicine, contra-indications
- History, culture, and background of Thai massage
- Special Qigong, Hatha Yoga and Self Massage routines for Thai massage practitioners
- Important treatment principles and treatment techniques
- Treatment of feet and legs
- Treatment of stomach and chest
- Treatment of arms and back
- Head, face and neck treatment
- Practice of what we have learned by exchanging massages
- Repetition and summary, final treatment
Days with Training:
A total of 80+ hours for which you will receive a certification of attendance. Seminar notes with pictures are in price included.
Υou will learn the basic routine of this wonderful healing art from Thailand. At the end of the program, for which you need no prior knowledge, you will be able to safely conduct a whole body Traditional Thai Massage. You will also be taught a special Qigong form, a special Yoga routine, and a Self-massage program, all tailored to the needs of a Thai massage practitioner.
Adjusted to your age and fitness level
- In your free days you may rest or choose amongst a list of optional activities and tours.
This training holiday will be accommodated in a quiet country house, only 1.2 kilometers from a pebble beach. With a breathtaking view from its terrace, a garden, and a backyard with lemon trees, plus all basic comforts (WC / shower / kitchen) this venue is ideal to host our training which requires a strong focus and peace of mind for both the instructor and the attendees.
Food & Accommodation Gallery
Supported Drink Types:
We will prepare breakfast and dinner together. This is going to be part of your meditation and a pleasant tool for getting to know each other better. The food will be simple and yet tasteful and deeply nourishing. Most ingredients will be organic or from our own garden. Raw food and slow cooking recipes will complement each other and complete our diet. Our water is filtered and further energized by EM and Plocher technologies.
What Makes This Program Special?
Minimum 1 and Maximum 6 persons
- Massages upon request
- Extra excursions and activities on your free days
- 15 nights shared accommodation in a simple country-house, just 1.2 km from a quiet pebble beach
- Vegetarian self-cooked half-board (breakfast and supper)
- Airport or port pickup/ drop-off transfers
- More than 80 hours of Thai massage training
- Qigong and Yoga sessions to support the Thai massage training
- Note booklet with pictures
- Certification of attendance
- Two free leisure days with tour options
Kavi Hasta Massage School
The history behind Kavi Hasta Massage School: A trademark of Thai massage in Greece!
The idea of Kavi Hasta massage and Kavi Hasta massage school came to life after I met a fellow Thai masseur for a treatment. It was back in 2007 when Yannis and I decided to exchange treatments. From the very first time we met, it became apparent that we both had the same intuitive views on treatments and on how a Thai massage should be performed. That was no surprise as we shared some common background on our studies. What really bonded us though was our mutual love and respect for this ancient form of healing art and the need to take it a step further.
Exchanging treatments became a norm for us, as we both benefited from each other’s attentive sessions. Every time we met we had something new to discuss, in terms of techniques and their results. It was a couple of years later that we decided to join our treating and teaching styles in order to make this healing art known to as many people as we could. We started brainstorming about the name of the school and what we wanted this name to represent and project. It wasn’t very hard to come up with an idea. We both believe that the essence and the quality of the treatment lie in the ability of the practitioner to “see” inside the receiver’s energy system using the hands. We both believe that many of the healing arts have their roots to ancient India, so the use of Sanskrit words was apparent. We came up with Kavi Hasta which to the best of our knowledge meant “insightful hands”. A friend that specializes in Sanskrit translation then informed us that it also means “poet’s hands”. That was it! Since we both see treatments as a poetic meditative act we felt it in our souls that this was what we were looking for.
- A reservation requires a deposit of 30% of the total price.
- The deposit is refundable, till a month before arrival, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid cash on arrival.
Why choose Travel and Do
- Enjoy personalized service tailored to your travel needs
- Stay in handpicked venues
- Enjoy private or small-group tours
- Discover unspoiled natural areas
- Participate in local celebrations, feasts, concerts, and events
- Share our commitment to sustainability and fair trade