No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Yoga Breaks Spain
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 23-April-2020
- Duration: 6 Days
- Area: Altea, Alacant, Spain
- Food: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Pescetarian, Dairy Free
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Mountain,Close To Nature
We can't wait to show you this beautiful area of Spain with coast hugging mountains that tumble to the sea, where fruits & veggies grow abundantly and where white washed villages dot the landscape. With twice daily yoga & some awesome hikes you'll leave feeling refreshed, realigned and rejuvenated!
“A big thank you for taking care of us so well! Every little detail so beautifully pulled together. I will take much home with me.”
“Thank you SO much for an incredibly fun, relaxing and insightful week. It was exactly what I needed and I could have done it without you!”
Core Subject: Head Yoga Teacher
Nicole qualified in 2001 with an “Excellent” grade Diploma from FRYOG (Friends of Yoga International). Now with over many teaching experience and further training with some of the most inspiring yoga teachers – Shiva Rea, Claire Missingham, Liz Lark, Godfri Devereux & others who’s names you may not recognise but have been equally enlightening. “Yoga to me is like an incredible secret I want to share with as many people as possible. I love the endless benefits it brings into our life starting with the unlocking of physical tension that has crept into our bodies to the discovery of a source of deep inner peace when we allow ourselves to just stop and simply breathe. Every time I roll out my mat I really feel like I’ve come home.”
Core Subject: Yoga Teacher & Massuese
Dionne is a lovely warm down to earth yoga teacher who has achieved one of the highest possible qualifications in yoga .. 500 hours of training & studies under the watchful eye of her Yoga master in India. She has a pin point focus for correct alignment to ensure class safety together with building strength & flexibility for your overall wellness and enjoyment. There is something for everyone in Dionne´s classes with her help and guidance you’ll be encouraged to find your own yoga path.
This retreat takes place near the sea in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante airport (airport transfers available). Altea is most loved for its very pretty 'old town' perched on a hill with little white washed houses, cobbled streets, artisan shops, alfresco restaurants & tapas, a most beautiful blue domed church and amazing mile upon mile sea views. We'll introduce you to this beautiful spot during one of our guided walks leaving you free to explore at your leisure later on.
Invigorate your mind, body and soul with twice daily yoga, hikes in spectacular scenery, ridiculously healthy cuisine, ‘fun but good for you’ activities and plenty of free time to relax, read, swim, head to the beach, explore nearby or take a guilt free snooze!
Yoga and Hiking are the perfect combination. Hiking is great for the heart and lungs but on it’s own can create tight leg muscles and an aching back. But with the help of yoga you’ll improve your flexibility & strength, increase your mobility and deepen your breathing. Hence the gaps left by hiking are perfectly balanced by yoga.
- Twice daily yoga sessions with super experienced friendly teachers
- 14k 'coast & country' guided walk along quiet country lanes leading to the sea
- 4 Hour mountain hike with picnic lunch in stunning scenery & breath taking views
- Maps for a self guided walk along the coast
- Option to join our guided bike ride, Spanish cookery Masterclass and pampering therapies
- Lovely clear sunny days .. warm enough to laze in your bikini (or trunks!) and warm your bones
- Azul blue calm sea & long beach .. ideal spot to watch the sun rise and enjoy an early morning dip before yoga (25 mins easy walk/5 mins cab from our venue)
- Deliciously healthy plant based meals
- Lots of love & care from our retreat team keen to make sure you have an amazing holiday
You'll be staying at a tranquil 300 year old Olive farm near the sea with lovely views to the mountain & sea. The farm has been owned by a local Spanish family since the very beginning & has now been renovated into a peaceful country house hotel with :
- 22 Spacious double or twin rooms all with private ensuite bathroom. All rooms are available for single use as we never ask (nor expect) solo guests to share.
- Pool in the garden with relaxing loungers
- Quiet areas to sit & read and take shade
- Small gym & sauna perfect to ease muscles post hike!
- Onsite restaurant where Chef will be creating delicious plant based creations for us.
- WiFi in all areas .. though we do suggest it's good practice to switch off whilst on retreat to give you a break from the busyness of life
- Onsite light filled yoga studio with lovely views
- 10 Minutes easy walk to the nearby very pretty old town of Altea & 25mins walk to the sea
We’re blessed with an abundance of underground springs in this area which means we have a year round supply of sun kissed fruits & veggies on our doorstep that we make good use of on our retreats.
On retreat we'll nourish your lovely body with super healthy plant based dishes and the occasional local fish dish for those that would like it.
We focus on nourishing balanced meals to ensure you have the energy you need to do all the things you love whilst you’re on retreat.
Breakfasts are buffet style where you help yourself to as much or as little as you like of wholesome cereals, hot eggs, Spanish tortilla, fruits, yogurts, juices, assorted breads, breakfast cakes, cold cuts & cheeses, infusions & teas. Dairy free milk & yogurts are always available & gluten free diets are welcome with advance notice.
Suppers are 3 course and plant based. We dine at the hotel on all but 2 eves to allow your taste buds to explore the local dining options.
- Beautiful little hotel in a quiet spot yet easy reach of a pretty town & beach.
- Twice daily yoga morning & evening so you'll feel an incredible difference in just a few days .. enough to inspire you to continue back home we hope!
- Hikes with local guides to some of our favourite spots!
- 5 Nights in your own double or twin superbly equipped room with ensuite bathroom ... unless you'd like to bring & share with your friend/partner?
- Twice daily 90 minute yoga sessions with super experienced teachers. We teach hatha, slow flow vinyasa & deeply restorative yin yoga. All sessions are perfect for keen beginners, intermediates & the super flexible yogi.
- 14 Km 'coast & country walk' in the local area on first day to stretch our legs & help you get your bearings
- Guided 4 hour hike in the mountains where we'll enjoy a picnic lunch whilst soaking up the amazing views
- Maps for a self guided hike along the coast to our neighbouring town
- 'Love Your Mind' medtiation workshop on Sunday eve instead of yoga. We noticed most guests were pretty tired after a day in the mountains hiking & so we schedule a super relaxing meditation session. Guided 14 km walk in the nearby countryside
- Fruits & herbal teas each morning to help you slowly awaken
- Daily buffet breakfasts
- 3 Course super heathy suppers at the hotel on all but 2 eves
- Optional activities: bike ride, Spanish cookery & therapies
- Airpot transfer service from/to Alicante @ €40 .. please ask for times before booking flights
Our yoga hotel is a tranquil haven with stunning sea & mountain views and yet is an easy 10 minute stroll to the very pretty nearby town of Altea.The ample hotel garden is home to a refreshing swimming pool with plentiful sunloungers & sun brollies plus various shady spots inside & out where you can relax, read, sip a herbal tea and chat.
There's a small gym & sauna too should you be feeling energetic or maybe you'd like to slip off for a 'guilt free snooze' in your spacious bedroom! Yoga sessions take place in the onsite yoga studio with views over the pool and to the mountains beyond.