6 Days Yoga Hiking Retreats in sunny Spain
“A big thank you for taking care of us so well! Every little detail so beautifully pulled together. I will take much home with me.”
“Thank you SO much for an incredibly fun, relaxing and insightful week. It was exactly what I needed and I could have done it without you!”
2019, March 21‐26, October 3‐8 & 17‐22 (5 nights/6 days)
We can't wait to show you this beautiful area of Spain where coast hugging mountains tumble to the sea, where fruits & veggies grow abundantly all year and white washed towns dot the landscape. And, when you're not out hiking in the sunshine, we'll be getting you back into your body with great yoga & deliciously tasty meals.
Join us to experience:
- twice daily yoga sessions with super experienced, warm & friendly teachers
- a 14k 'coast & country' guided walk along quiet country lanes leading to the sea
- 4 hour mountain hike with picnic lunch in stunning scenery & breath taking views
- maps for a self guided walk along the coast
- lovely clear sunny days .. warm enough to laze in your bikini (or trunks!) and warm your bones
- azul blue calm sea & long beach .. ideal spot to watch the sun rise and enjoy an early morning dip before yoga (25 mins easy walk/5 mins cab from our venue)
- option to join our guided bike ride, aerial yoga session and book relaxing therapies
- deliciously healthy plant based meals
- lots of love & care from our retreat team keen to make sure you have an amazing holiday
Nicole StoneCore Subject: Head Yoga Teacher
DionneCore Subject: Teacher Teacher & Massuese
This retreat takes place near the sea in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante airport (airport transfers available). Altea is most loved for its very pretty 'old town' perched on a hill with little white washed houses, cobbled streets, artisan shops, alfresco restaurants & tapas, a most beautiful blue domed church and amazing mile upon mile sea views. We'll introduce you to this beautiful spot during one of our guided walks leaving you free to explore at your leisure later on.
You'll be staying at a 300 year old Olive farm with mountain & sea views. The farm has been owned by the same local Spanish family since the very beginning & was renovated in the 1990's into a truly lovely country house hotel with :
- 20 spacious double or twin rooms (all with private ensuite bathroom). All rooms are available for single use as we never ask (nor expect) solo guests to share.
- a swimming pool in the garden with plentiful loungers
- quiet areas to relax in & out of the hotel
- small gym & sauna .. perfect to ease out muscles post hike!
- excellent restaurant where Chef will be creating some delicious dishes for us
- WiFi in all areas .. though we do suggest it's good practice to switch off whilst on retreat to give you a true break from the busyness of life
- purpose built yoga studio looking out to the mountains
- just 10 minutes easy walk to the nearby very pretty old town of Altea & 25mins walk to the sea
Food & Accommodation Gallery
We’re blessed with an abundance of underground springs in this area of Spain which means we have a year round supply of sun kissed fruits & veggies on our doorstep that we make good use of on our retreats.
On retreat we'll nourish your lovely body with super healthy plant based dishes and the occasional local fish dish for those that would like it.
We don’t count calories .. but we don’t add them unnecessarily either. We just focus on ensuring you have the right nourishment so that you have the energy you need to do all the things you love whilst you’re on retreat.
Breakfasts are buffet style where you help yourself to as much or as little as you like of wholesome cereals, egg dishes, seasonal fruits, yogurts, juices, assorted breads, breakfast cakes, cold cuts & cheeses, infusions & teas. Dairy free milk & yogurts are always available & gluten free diets are welcome with advance notice.
As breakfasts are plentiful we tend to find most people don’t feel hungry at lunchtime. But should you get peckish, our hotel has a 'light bites' snack menu or you can wander to nearby Altea old town & take your pick from the cafes & restaurants you'll find there.
We take supper ‘at home’ on all but two eves. We'll be serving 3-course suppers including a healthy dessert … after all, you’ve been working very, very hard! There’ll be 2 eves where your taste buds are free to explore local restaurants .. a great way to immerse yourself in the a new culture. We’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
What Makes This Program Special?
- Beautiful little hotel in a quiet spot that sits at the very point where the countryside meets the edge of town & so we have tranquility but we're an easy 10 minute stoll to the nearby town of Altea and 25 mins to the beach. Perfecto!
- You'll have your own ensuite double room with own private bathroom ... we never expect nor ask our solo guests to share
- Twice daily yoga morning & evening so you'll really feel an incredible difference in just a few days .. enough to inspire you to continue back home we hope!
- Hikes with local guides to some of our favourite spots!
- 5 nights in your own double or twin superbly equipped room with ensuite bathroom ... unless you'd like to bring & share with your friend/partner?
- Twice daily 90 minute yoga sessions with super experienced teachers. We teach hatha, vinyasa flow & restorative yin yoga. All sessions are perfect for keen beginners, intermediates & the super flexible yogi.
- 'Love Your Mind' medtiation workshop on Sunday eve. We've noticed that everyone is too pooped to do yoga after a day hiking in the mountains & so we have a deeply relaxing & blissful meditation practice instead
- Guided 14k walk in the nearby countryside
- Guided 4 hours hike in the mountains where we'll enjoy a picnic lunch whilst soaking up the amazing views
- Maps for a self guided hike along the coast to our neighbouring town
- Seasonal fruits & herbal teas each morning to help you slowly awaken
- Hearty buffet breakfast daily
- Suppers at the hotel on all but 2 eves
- Optional activities: bike ride, aerial yoga class & lovely therapies
- Airpot transfer service from/to Alicante @ €40 .. please ask for times before booking flights
300 year old Olive Farm near the sea
Our yoga hotel is a tranquil haven with stunning sea & mountain views and yet is an easy 10 minute stroll to the very pretty nearby town of Altea. The ample hotel garden is home to a refreshing swimming pool with plentiful sunloungers & sun brollies plus various shady spots inside & out where you can relax, read, sip a herbal tea and chat. There's a small gym & sauna too should you be feeling energetic or maybe you'd like to slip off for a 'guilt free snooze' in your spacious bedroom!
Yoga sessions take place in the onsite yoga studio with views over the pool and to the mountains beyond.
Why choose Yoga Breaks Spain
Because you'll get the very best from us from your very first email right through to the end of the retreat. How? because we deliberately choose NOT to run retreats week in week out which means we are fresh & focused when you're with us .. not tired & tarnished if we were running weekly retreats :(
Coupled with our 'freshness', we have 10+ years of retreat organising experience & so you can be assured that every little detail has been carefullly thought through & lovingly taken care of and we absolutely LOVE what we do! We hope you'll choose us for all these reasons & more.