200 Hr. Therapeutic Teacher Training with Molly Masaoka & Liz Heffernan, US
Yoga Centered is pleased to work in partnership with Soma Yoga Institute to offer this Yoga Alliance registered 200 Hour Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training on the Big Island of Hawaii. This yoga teacher training offers students a soulful journey into the many dimensions of yoga as a vehicle for growth and transformation.
Rather than offer standard sequencing or rigid methodologies, students will be introduced to frameworks, concepts and methodologies that inspire each trainee to adapt the practices, awaken their creativity and find their own authentic practice as a student and voice as a teacher. Graduates of this program will feel empowered to practice and teach a variety of yoga class types, including: all levels vinyasa yoga, alignment-based classes, yoga foundations, senior, gentle, and restorative.
Techniques/ Training/ Practice
- A solid foundation in classical hatha yoga – including alignment based vinyasa flow and restorative yoga within a therapeutic framework.
- Benefits & contraindications of yoga asana, pranayama & meditation.
- Pranayama, breath awareness, relaxation, and a variety of meditation techniques.
- Chanting, mantra & mudra practices.
- The art of sequencing.
- Principles of demonstration & observation.
- Verbal and Hands-on assists.
- How to teach all levels & populations.
- Finding ones unique teaching style and authentic voice.
- Learning the business of yoga & how to build your yoga community.
Anatomy And Physiology
- Human physical anatomy and physiology
- Energy anatomy and physiology (chakra system, nadis, & vayus)
- Common injuries & misalignments in the body and modifications for practice.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle And Ethics For Yoga Teachers
- History of Yoga.
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, The Upanishads & The Myths of Yoga .
- Basic Sanskrit
- Ayurveda & Making healthy lifestyle choices.
Molly MasaokaCore Subject: Yoga
Liz HeffernanCore Subject: E-RYT 500
Hawaii Island Retreat is location near the small country village of Hawaii, in the historic district of North Kohala on Hawaii's Big Island. The retreat's 50 acres of needled groves and valley trails include legendary council stones and native trees, planted generations ago by a Hawaiian Kahuna and his beloved wife.
Now as then, this land is a place of healing. The very name, Ahu Pohaku Ho'omaluhia, means "The Gathering Place of Peace-giving Stones".
- Check in 4:00pm
- 6:00-7:30pm Dinner
- 7:30–9:00pm Evening Program
Typical Daily Schedule
- 6:15-7:30am Meditation, pranayama, chanting, gentle morning yoga
- 7:30-8:30am Breakfast
- 8:30--12:00pm Asana practice plus techniques and teaching methodology
- 12:00-1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm-6:00pm Restorative, gentle, or therapeutic practice or Yoga nidra. Anatomy, sequencing pose study, or practice teach
- 6:00-7:00pm Dinner
- 7:00 - 8:30pm Program in session often includes philosophy, individual study and/or group work
- 6:30-7:30am Closing session
- 7:45-8:30am Breakfast
- Check out 11:00am
*(Please note: there will be one full day off mid-way through the program to explore the magical Island of Hawaii , rest or catch up on your studies)
Hawaii Island Retreat Center (HIRC) offers luxury accommodations in elegant Hawaiian style in harmony with nature. The suites are color matched and named for the large, antique Saxon prints of tropical flowers. Each suite has a spacious bathroom with a large soaking tub and separate shower. All suites have private balconies and chairs, overlooking the fragrant garden as well as ocean. The yurts have valley or garden views and a toilet and sink in each, with showers located just steps away in a deluxe locker room.
Additionally, the HIRC campus includes a solar heated, salt water hot tub and infinity swimming pool, open air patios and balconies, a private library and theatre room and wireless internet in public areas.
Hawaii Island Retreat is a leader in sustainable travel and green living.
Food & Accommodation Gallery
Hawaii Island Retreat’s garden-side dining room opens onto fragrant plantings. Here you will enjoy organic farm-to-table cuisine. Their organic gardens and orchards are a living tribute to the Big Island's bounty of exotic vegetables and fruits. They grow the foods used in their hotel kitchen, from salad greens to lychee and sunrise papaya.
You will find the Hawaiian spa cuisine menu rich with local accents, whole-grain breads, Pacific Rim dishes, and international menus. Their chefs are brilliant in the kitchen. When they are not out gathering herbs for an appetizer dish, they are about the region sampling local dishes for new menu ideas.
What Makes This Program Special?
Students explore concepts from ayurveda, the upanishads, patanjali and the chakra system as frameworks for the application of yoga as a journey towards radiant health and wellbeing. The asana emphasis includes both level one and two alignment based vinyasa flow sequencing as well as gentler and restorative variations.
Rather than offer standard sequencing or rigid methodologies, students are exposed to frameworks that inspire each trainee to adapt the practices, awaken their creativity and find their own authentic voice as a teacher.
- 3 Daily Healthy Meals
- 17 Nights Accommodation
- 200 Hour-Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training Instruction
- Comprehensive Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- Days Off To Explore The Big Island
Hawaii Island Retreat Center
HIRC is a perfect location to dive into the teachings of the 200 Hour Hawaii Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training. As an eco-boutique hotel the venue offers a choice of elegant suites and deluxe yurts.Visualize a very special location of intentional peacefulness, set among towering evergreens and ocean breezes along Hawaii Island's North Kohala coast. When you visit you quickly realize the wonder of this sacred land.
Why choose Yoga Centered
- Learn to create and appreciate a community in our training that celebrates our own and each others unique strengths & skills.
- Ignite passion, awaken creativity, transform fears & immerse yourself in a positive and nurturing environment that supports growth, break-through and transformation.
- Graduates of this program feel empowered to teach a variety of yoga class types, including: all levels vinyasa yoga, alignment-based classes, yoga foundations, senior, gentle, and restorative.