No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Yogaion Retreats
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 01-August-2020
- Duration: 7 Days
- Area: Aljezur, Algarve, Portugal
- Food: Vegetarian,Organic
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Sea,Forest,Close To Nature
Look deep into nature & then you will understand everything better. During this week of yoga & conscious cooking we will dive into our own inner nature & look at what nature provides around us.
Core Subject: Iyengar Yoga
Shaini is the organiser & Yoga teacher at Yogaion retreats.She is an introductory level 2 Iyengar yoga teacher & before that also certified herself in Hatha and Anusara Yoga.
All the retreats will be held in an amazing house amidst nature on the south west of Portugal right in the middle of the Costa Vicentina natural park. Only a few kilometres away from two amazing wild beaches and the rota vicentina hiking track passes right in front of the house.
There will be twice daily yoga classes giving us a chance to explore our inner landscapes & body movements. Becoming aware of our mind & own organic structure in which we reside. On Wednesday evening there will be no yoga as we will visit a local, organic market with beautiful fresh produce.
A taste of the retreat:
- Daily morning & evening yoga classes
- Mindful eating workshop
- Tour to the organic evening market
- Breakfast buffet packed with loads of yummy foods.
- Salads for all seasons – including the basics of making dressing, composing salads and garnishes.
- Soulful soups
- Fermentation course
- Conscious cooking workshops
- Healthy lunch recipes.
- Sweet and natural - delicious and healthy recipes for a sweet tooth.
- Cupboard essentials for the natural kitchen.
- Foundation in cooking a variety of grains, beans and pulses
- Complete pack of all recipes cooked over the course
- 07:30 AM Wake up to the sound of nature
- 08:00 AM Morning Yoga Class
- 09:30 AM Yummy Breakfast
- 11:00 AM Conscious cooking workshop
- 14:00 PM Share the food at lunch
- 15:00 PM - 18:00 PM chill by the pool, walk to the beach, check out the organic gardens or just relax.
- 18:00 PM restorative yoga class
- 19:30 PM delicious dinner
- 20:30 PM Mindfulness meditation
The house is recently, lovingly renovated with 5 ensuite bedrooms either with stunning views of the gardens or the natural park. All the rooms have big door windows so that nature can be enjoyed to its fullest.
The house is refurbished with a barefoot luxury & in line with Yogaion's sustainable ethics, the house get's all its warm water by solar power and heating comes from an amazing masonry stove heating up the whole place if needed.
All the food during the Yoga retreats is local & organic coming either straight from the organic farms down the road or from the farmers market. This means that most of the waste is biodegradable and for any other waste there will be a full on recycling program.
We will be learning how to cook sustainably with healthy plantbased, organic & local produce, mindfully eating & transforming foods through fermentation. Not forgetting the most important components: deliciousness, sharing & joy.
- 6 Nights stay at costa Vicentina retreat house
- 3 Conscious cooking workshops
- Trip to organic market
- 5 Morning & 4 Evening yoga classes
- 1 Mindful eating workshop
- 3 Healthy, abundant plant based meals a day
- All water & herbal tea
- All yoga mats etc
- Swimming pool
- Lots of joy, laughter & togetherness
- Airport transfer
- Travel insurance
Vicentina Retreat House
Peace and tranquility in one of the best eco retreats Portugal has to offer,There is a swimming pool overlooking a beautiful valley of trees & bushes and in the valley there is an organic garden.
Reservation Policy:Deposit is 50% of total value to secure place, paid within 1 week after confirmation of reservation. I will send you an email with all the booking details! Balance due 7 days before start of retreat. If reservation is made 7 days before start of retreat , total value is payable within 3 days .
Cancellation Policy:We will only issue a refund for cancelled places if a replacement can be found. We will do our best to find someone else to fill up your space in which case your full deposit minus any costs will be refunded to you! But this is not always possible, so it is highly recommended to take a travel insurance If there is someone else found for your place on the retreat then your full amount of deposit will be refunded minus any bank costs and/ or agency fees.