No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Yor Yoga
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 24-January-2020
- Duration: 4 Days
- Area: Cape Town, South Africa
- Food: Vegetarian,Organic
- Surrounding area: Mountain,Close To Nature
Bring serenity to your hectic lifestyle and let deep practices of yoga and meditation elevate your senses. Witness the stunning Table Mountain and lose yourself into the magnificence of Cape Town.
The balanced combination of Yoga, food, and wine, along with the breathtaking views will put you in a state of eternal bliss.
The sole purpose of this retreat is to deviate all individuals from their frantic life and invoke feelings of calm and tranquility.
Loving my yoga sessions with you. Feeling content, relaxed and more positive about life in general. My body is getting fitter slowly but surely.
Thank you so much!!
Core Subject: Yoga and Meditation teacher
Kremena was born and brought up in Bulgaria. She knew very little about yoga, but in 2006 she moved to the Netherlands and took her first-ever Yoga class. She fell in love with this eastern craft and started practicing yoga daily. She completed her Basic Yoga education in Utrecht in 2012 and took part in various Yoga retreats that were organized by the Bulgarian Yoga Federation. Kremenahas organized various weekly yoga classes and workshops to motive people and spread more information about Yoga. She is now a reputed Yoga and meditation teacher, and the facilitator of this retreat.
Witness the beautiful city of Cape Town crowned by the exquisite Table Mountain Park. The Bodh Khaya Retreat Center is situated in the Overberg region of the Western Cape, which is popular for an indigenous variety of flora. The area is covered by huge wheat fields and is considered the breadbasket of the Cape.
The wheat fields are also a major breeding ground for South Africa’s national bird, the blue crane. The Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve lies close to the center and hosts a large variety of flora that isn’t found elsewhere.
The Yoga, Food, and Wine, Cape Town is a 7-day retreat that will enable you to think calmly and deviate from the daily routines. This retreat follows a special curriculum and divides it into two parts - the former part of the retreat will allow the guests to focus on themselves and learn new techniques of yoga and meditation.
The guests will stay in the Bodh Khaya Retreat center for the first 4 days and immerse in deeper practices to explore their inner world. The latter part of the trip will take place in Hout Bay, where the guests will stay for 3 days and experience the beauty of the outside world.
This 7-day retreat is divided into 2 different locations. The guests will spend the first 4 nights in Bodhi Khaya Retreat Center and the remaining 3 nights in Hout Bay.
Bodhi Khaya Retreat Center:
Day 1: (I Feel) Physical and Emotional detox with Yoga postures (laterals & twist) and meditation
Day 2: (I Understand) Realign Suppleness of mind with Yoga postures (forwards bends & hips) and Meditation
Day 3: (I Love) Physical and Mental Clarification with Yoga postures (backbends), meditation, and organ flushing
Day 4:(I Serve) Mind flooding the body with salient information with Yin/Restorative Yoga and meditation
- Day 5: Sunrise Yoga and breakfast, sunset yoga on table mountain and wine tasting
- Day 6: Sunrise Yoga and breakfast, visit to Cape town city center and wine tasting
- Day 7: Sunrise Yoga and breakfast, sunset yoga on table mountain and wine tasting
The guests will reside in the breathtaking ambiance of the Bodhi Khaya Retreat for the first 4 days, followed by 3 days of stay in Hout Bay. Bodhi Khaya has monastery styled rooms that exemplify the basic Zenaesthetic. The rooms offer a calming view of the outside gardens, mountains and the labyrinth. The retreat center has beautifully restored the building to create a rustic and old-school look.
The rooms provide several amenities such as Victorian bathrooms, luxurious beds, fireplace, cupboards, etc to minimize inconvenience for the guests. The accommodation has the following room options based upon the location and occupancy:
- Communal Farmhouse Double Occupancy
- Communal Farmhouse Single Occupancy
- Communal Farmhouse Single Room
- Cloister Inner
- Courtyard for Double Occupancy
- Courtyard for Single Occupancy
The Bodh Khaya Retreat serves a delectable buffet, three times a day. All the meals are prepared using fresh and organic ingredients to meet the dietary requirements of all the guests.
The guests are also served with snacks and other refreshments to revitalize their senses. Guests with certain health issues can request a special diet, and the center would happily do so.
- Yoga Classes: Nourish your body, mind, and soul with subtle and soothing Yoga practice. The guests will be offered 8 Yoga classes to uplift their lifestyle. The Yoga class will include various postures from Vinyasa and Yin style to invoke feelings of rejuvenation.
- Meditation Sessions: Re-awaken your senses and connect with your inner self through Meditation. This retreat offers meditation sessions for the guests that will enable them to focus on themselves.
- Pranayama: Indulge in deep-breathing exercises and pranayama to gain better control over your mind and emotions. The retreats blend yoga, meditation, and pranayama for a physical and mental detox.
- Wine tasting: Enjoy wine tasting sessions with other guests and try different varieties of premium wines.
- Vegetarian and Healthy meals, thrice a day
- 4 Night accommodation in Bodhi Khaya Retreat center
- 3 Night accommodation in Hout Bay
- 8 complimentary Yoga Classes (Vinyasa and Yin)
- 4 meditation sessions
- Wine tasting
- Excursions to Cape Town City center
- Mineral Water
Bodh Khaya Retreat Center
The Bodh Khaya Retreat Center is set on 217 hectares of land in the Overberg region of the Western Cape. This building used to be an old dairy, but it was beautifully restored to create a luxurious retreat center.
The high ceilings, huge fireplace, rustic wooden furniture, and the Zen-inspired aesthetics uplift the peaceful ambiance of this place. The center has monastery styled rooms that offer the purest kind of vibe to all the guests. To add up to the facilities, the center also has spacious Meditation & yoga halls, Victorian-style dining rooms, and lush gardens.