No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Sanatana Yog Sandesh
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 01-April-2021
- Duration: 7 Days
- Area: Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India
- Food: Vegetarian,Organic
- Surrounding area: Mountain,Close To Nature,River
The “Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat” is “meditation” retreat designed for mind training. The Retreat offers different techniques that could help us experience Meditation. There are many techniques with so many different names in Sanskrit such as Antar Mounna, Ajapa Japa, Vipasyana, Chidakasha Dharana, Yoga Nidra, Prana Vidya, Pancha Dharana etc. and in the modern time what we call as “Mindfulness” to work out those abilities of mind. We provide these methods which we can use as tools to attain what is already within us; relaxation, withdrawal, concentration and so on.
Core Subject: Hatha,Vinyasa & Anatomy
Niveda has been a trained Yoga instructor with 5 years of long teaching experiences to various Yoga teacher training courses across different states of India and abroad. In this men dominated field of work she is a praiseworthy woman proving her presence with effective self practice and teaching.Her classes are easy, clear, effective and informative that bring to her deeper admiration from the students she teaches.
Core Subject: Yoga Instructor
He completed his YTTC 200 from Rishikesh to document his credential for Yoga Teaching. As he grew into his knowledge and experience, he taught Yoga at many Yoga schools in Rishikesh. He still teaches in Rishikesh and his classes are loved by people from all age group.
Core Subject: Hatha Yoga
Satyanarayan Jha is a young, enthusiastic, hard-working, talented inspiring youth into the field of Yoga. In his very early age he chanced to move to Rishikesh where he underwent several levels of experiences which enriched his faculty of patience and perseverance.He is a naturally gifted into Hatha Yoga and his experience is enriching deeper into other branches of Yoga for his well- being as an individual and as a Yoga Teacher of decent strata.
This training will take place at Rishikesh, a very ancient city in Uttarakhand province of India.
The “Pratyahara and Dharana Retreat” incorporates several topics which helps one to enter into Yogic culture of meditation. They are –
Asana – (different basic postures from Hatha Yoga such as purificatory asana for lightness and purification of body, Standing, supine, prone – (backward, forward, spine twist), inversion and balance, specific asana for meditation and relaxation such as Sukhasana and variation, Ardha Padmasana, Padmasana, Siddhasana, Siddha Yoni Asana, Swastikasana, Dhyana Veerasana, Vajrasana, Padadhirasana etc.
Pranayama – techniques for correction of breath, breathing to heat and energise, breathing to balancing, breathing to cool and harmonise.
Mudra – Some basic gesture of fingers and body to affect energy in body such as – Jnana, China, Bhirav & Bhairavi etc.
Shat-karma – Jala Neti (Nasal cleansing).
Meditation – Basic practices for mind management such as study of sitting asana, Yogic breathing with awareness, peace establishment, Stillness of body, awareness of senses, awareness of thought process and Yoga Nidra.
More specifically Kayasthairyama, Sharira darshan and Aatmajnana, Bhao aaropan with still things.
- Chakra Awareness - Symbols such as Shivalainga, Cresent moon, fire etc.
- Body awarenss, Antar Mouna, Chidakasha Dharana
- Some other important topics - how to practice different practices of Yoga, how to make programme, ethical guidelines, Yogic life style, holistic approach of Yoga.
Karma Yoga – During the retreat individuals would be required those to participate into Karma Yoga. Depending upon the requirements we may involve you into this.
- 05: 00 AM to 06:30 AM – Personal practice
- 07:00 AM to 07:30 AM – Herbal tea
- 07:30 AM to 09:00 AM – Hatha Yoga session (Asana, Pranayama, Dhyana)
- 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM – Meal
- 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Lecture on Pranayama and Dhyana
- 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM – Fruit/fruit juice
- 02:00 PM to 04:15 PM – Rest
- 04:30 PM to 06:00 PM – Asana, pranayama, Dhyana
- 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM – Dinner
- 09:00 PM – Bed time
All students should wake up at this time except in some contingencies. The programmes are tentative and subject to change according to need. All classes are held for 6 days in a week.
Gayatri Resort (Tapovan), Sushila Residency (Tapovan) and Laxman Jhula Residency are some of the best choices to stay in Yoga Capital of India, Rishikesh. The prime location, nice surrounding and natural view with easy access to nearest local market and other daily facilities make them worth-staying. Decent rooms, hot running water, needful air condition and other modern amenities are also available on request. Yoga and Spiritual Practitioners are also frequently joining and enjoying our venue to attend regular and drop in classes.
Strict vegetarian meals suited to Yogic lifestyle and filtered water provided.
- The retreat is basic education and preparation for meditation and mind management.
- It helps one to understand the idea of meditation in Yoga and how this can be incorporated into daily life.
- It helps develop needful changes in life style for comparatively healthier, calmer and more peaceful life.
- All classes
Sanatana Yog Sandesh
Sanatana Yog Sandesh serves the spirit of Yoga in its unadulterated, unmodified and unaltered form according to the needs and limitations of an individual irrespective of his/her caste, creed, cult, religion, nationality and what so ever.