No. of Guest(s)
- Organizer: Yoga Breaks Spain
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Starting From: 18-June-2020
- Duration: 6 Days
- Area: Altea, Alacant, Spain
- Food: Vegetarian,Vegan,Gluten Free,Dairy Free
- Surrounding area: Near to Beach,Mountain,Close To Nature
Whether you’re a beginner or have a regular Yoga or Pilates practice, this holiday will meet you where you are with classes tailored towards keen beginners & classes for the intermediate/advanced. Plus, 4 additional workshops to really help deepen your practice.
“Each time I come to your retreats I feel like I’ve had a really big hug! Thank you for your time & kindness it’s very much appreciated.”
“When I arrived I was tired and felt ‘swollen’. Now I feel wonderful, healthier, lighter and happier! Nicole your yoga teaching is marvellous and I loved the Pilates sessions too. You have got me thinking of the important things and choices in life. You can be so proud of what your retreats do for guests.”
Core Subject: Yoga Teacher
Nicole qualified as a Yoga teacher in 2001 with an “Excellent” grade Diploma but this was just the start of her 'yoga adventure' as she went on to study & train with some of the most inspiring yoga teachers – Shiva Rea, Claire Missingham, Liz Lark, Godfri Devereux & others who’s names you may not recognise but have been equally enlightening. “Yoga to me is like an incredible secret I want to share with as many people as possible. I love the endless benefits it brings into our life starting with the unlocking of physical tension that has crept into our bodies to the discovery of a source of deep inner peace when we allow ourselves to just stop and simply breathe. Every time I roll out my mat I really feel like I’ve come home.
Core Subject: Yoga Teacher & Masseuse
Dionne 'found' yoga after qualifying as a Fitness Instructor & soon discovered how yoga not only kept her body supple & strong but her mind calm, clear & focused. She was hooked! After completing one of the highest yoga qualifications possible (500 hours teacher training) with her beloved Yogi Master in India, Dionne returned to the UK and rapidly built a strong following of yogi's keen to attend her classes. Her teaching style is friendly, down to earth & accessible to all. She has a pin pointed focus for proper alignment, breath control and building strength & flexibility for an overall healthier body. Full of instruction and variations, there is something for everyone in Dionne´s classes. With her help and guidance you’ll be encouraged to find your own yoga path.
Core Subject: Pilates Teacher & Fitness Instructor
Fitness and wellness are my absolute passion. I have worked in a variety of roles within the fitness industry for over 10 years in gyms, sports rehabilitation centres and wellness retreats. The knowledge I gained during this valuable time together with my Pilates training has enabled me to develop a clear understanding of how the body functions & so now I am able to help my clients to realign, develop and strengthen their bodies using proven & efficient training. For me exercise is the foundation for a healthy lifestyle. It grounds and balances, makes you feel good and keeps you strong physically and mentally.
This retreat takes place at a 300 year old Olive farm near the sea in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante airport (airport transfers available).
Altea is most loved for its very pretty 'old town' perched on a hill with little white washed houses, cobbled streets, artisan shops, alfresco restaurants, a most beautiful blue domed church and amazing mile upon mile sea views.
Begin each day with herbal tea & some fresh fruit to help you slowly awaken before your yoga or pilates session. You have a 90-minute class of yoga and a 90-minute class of pilates each day graded to your ability so you never feel out of your depth.
After class it’s time for a breakfast of wholesome cereals, yogurts, seasonal fruits, local cheeses & cold cuts, Spanish tortilla, hot eggs, sun ripened tomatoes & avocados, breakfast cakes, assorted breads, juice, teas & infusions. Help yourself to as much as you like.
In between classes there’ll be optional activities exclusively for our guests.
Late afternoon we gather again for another yoga or pilates session before a delicious vegetarian supper. We dine at the hotel on all but 2 evenings. On one of these free eves your taste-buds are free to explore local dining options plus we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
You'll stay in a 300 year old Olive farm with lovely mountain & sea views. Incredibly, the farm has been owned by the same local Spanish family for since the very beginning & was renovated in the 1990's into a truly lovely country house hotel with the following facilities:
- 20 Spacious & well equipped double or twin rooms each with private ensuite bathroom. If you're coming on your own you'll be given your own ensuite room as we never ask (nor expect) our solo guests to share.
- Swimming pool in the garden with plentiful loungers
- Quiet areas to relax in & out of the hotel
- Small gym & sauna .. perfect to ease out muscles post class!
- Excellent restaurant where Chef will be creating some delicious dishes for us
- WiFi in all areas .. though we do suggest it's good practice to switch off whilst on retreat to give you a true break from the busyness of life
- Purpose built yoga studio looking out to the mountains
- Just 10 minutes easy walk to the nearby very pretty old town of Altea & 25mins walk to the sea
We’re blessed with an abundance of underground springs in this area meaning that we have a year round supply of sun kissed fruits & veggies that we make good use of on our retreats.
We'll nourish your lovely body with super healthy plant based dishes and the occasional local fish dish for those that would like it.
We just focus on ensuring you have the right nourishment so that you have the energy you need to do all the things you love whilst you’re on retreat.
Breakfasts are buffet style where you help yourself to as much or as little as you like of wholesome cereals, egg dishes, seasonal fruits, yogurts, juices, assorted breads, breakfast cakes, cold cuts & cheeses, infusions & teas.
Dairy free milk & yogurts are always available & gluten free diets are welcome with advance notice.
- Daily class of yoga & pilates plus workshops a real immersive wellness experience.
- Choice of 'fun but good for you' optional activities including a walk in the countryside nearby, a bike ride with awesome views, an aerial yoga class, lovely pampering therapies and a hike in the mountains.
- Everything is of course optional. We really don't mind if you want to skip a class or two to enjoy a morning lie in or to stay by the pool lost in a great book!
- 5 Nights in your own double or twin superbly equipped room with ensuite bathroom ... unless you'd like to bring & share with your friend/partner?
- Daily 90 minute yoga sessions with super experienced teachers. We teach hatha, vinyasa flow & restorative yin yoga. All sessions are perfect for keen beginners, intermediates & the super flexible yogi.
- Daily 90 minute mat based pilates class.
- Four additional workshops where you can ask questions and deepen your yoga & pilates practice
- 'Love Your Mind' medtiation workshop on Sunday eve in place of yoga & pilates. A chance for your body to rest and do a little 'spring cleaning' of the mind!
- Guided 14k walk in the nearby countryside
- Optional activities: mountain hike, guided bike ride, aerial yoga & lots of lovely therapies
- Seasonal fruits & herbal teas each morning to help you slowly awaken
- Hearty buffet breakfast daily
- Suppers at the hotel on all but 2 eves
- Airpot transfer service from/to Alicante @ €40 .. please ask for times before booking flights
Beautiful little hotel in a quiet spot that sits at the very point where the countryside meets the edge of town & so we have tranquility but we're an easy 10 minute stoll to the nearby town of Altea and 25 mins to the beach. Perfecto!