8 Days Organic Vegetarian Yoga and Sailing Retreat, Italy & France
Imagine waking up to the chirpings of the birds and watching the sunrise on the deck, every day at a different island. Cradle the night at anchor in a quiet bay and sail during daytime to practice yoga at different beaches, accompanied with snorkeling, paddling and sailing experience.
Traverse to the European country with a long Mediterranean Coastline, Italy is mesmeric and renowned for its lakeside towns, hill-side hugging villages, and the list is endless.
Commence your voyage with Yoga and Sailing to Sardinia and Corsica during their 8 Days Organic Vegetarian Yoga and Sailing Retreat. The Retreat is more of a yoga tour that takes you from one island to another, making you explore new places and experience various yogic ambiances.
The retreat is a uniquely designed program, one of the most popular in Italy, and has a lot to offer. Join Yoga and Sailing for your dream vacation.
One thing is guaranteed during the program- a dream fulfilled yoga and sailing holiday experience. The program is held at the Mediterranean and Caribbean isle, where you start the day with sunrise practicing Hatha Yoga and calm the being with meditation at sunset. Warm the body with sun rays, rejuvenate the mind while sailing, and bring harmony to the soul breathing the stress away.
Practice yoga at snow-white sand beaches or relax at the deck taking a sunbath, and enjoy the organic palatable vegetarian/vegan food that serves health and happiness. This retreat program turns out to be an exclusive one, which you want to give a miss.
- Yoga Style: Hatha Yoga - also practice Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Iyengar Yoga, Yoga Nidra
- Type: Yoga Retreat
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Food: Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Ayurvedic (Mallorca only)
- Accommodation: 7 Nights & 8 Days
- Instruction Language: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Daily Morning and Evening Yoga Classes
- Basic Sailing and Boat Steering Lessons
- Healthy organic food for brunch and dinner
- No Alcohol on board
- Access to islands and beaches – reachable only by boats
- Excursion: Sail, Hike, Swim, Sunbathe, Paddle Boarding, Snorkelling, Sightseeing, etc.
- Class Size: Small Group (Min- 7 people and max- 12)
- How they Roll: Two Sailboats with two skippers, a yoga instructor, and a chef
AlessandraCore Subject: Iyengar Yoga, Awareness, Ayurvedic Massage, Bodywork Therapy, Voice Training
Ghego (Skipper)Core Subject: Sailing Instructor
Every day is a new adventure complied with breathtaking landscapes and waterscapes. Travel to the land of architectural beauty and Long Mediterranean Coastline, Italy is gorgeous and is hugely popular for its mouth-watering cuisine, being the city of canals - Venice, a fashion capital - Milan, for its vibrant culture, and more.
The retreat makes you sail through various stunning islands using The Strait of Bonifacio. It is the strait between Corsica and Sardinia and is famous for being one of the best environments for sailing in the world that separates Sardinia from Corsica and Italy from France. The route passes through the untarnished islands of La Maddalena Archipelago- the only Italian Marine International Park.
Sardinia is a large Italian island in the Mediterranean Sea with scintillating sandy beaches, mountainous interior, active volcanoes, and rugged landscapes. The island is astonishing, providing you with the best yoga and adventure experience.
Corsica is a mountainous Mediterranean Island with a blend of stylish coastal towns, craggy peaks, dense forests, and challenging hiking trails. You can enjoy local specialties like cheese, charcuterie, and wines, and can also shop for paintings, ceramics, textiles, and jewellery.
The itinerary of the retreat program has a lot to do with your overall experience of the yogic vacation. And when it is happening entirely on beaches and boat, then you need to keep a tap on every activity that takes place during those eight days.
The program curriculum or itinerary of every yoga and sailing retreat is slightly different and unique. They try their best to provide the world’s best sailing environs, taking you through the most beautiful bays, to tropical beaches, and every possible corner of paradise.
We Sail: The sailing starts from Cannigione, a fisherman village and travel to close island of La Maddalena Archipelago after sailing for a couple of hours. The route takes you through the world’s best sailing environment where you witness exotic bays, beaches, and scenic views.
Sample Sailing Route: North East Sardinia, La Maddalena, Archipelago, Bonifacio, South-East Corsica
- Day 1: Cannigione- Caprera Island, around 6 sea miles/ 2 hours
- Day 2: Caprera Island- Spargi Island, around 9 sea miles/ 3 hours
- Day 3: Spargi Island- Isola Piana, around 15 sea miles/ 4 hours
- Day 4: Isola Piana- Bonifacio, around 6 sea miles/ 3 hours (overnight stay here in the marina and visit to the harbor town)
- Day 5: Bonifacio (hike on the cliff)- Sant’Amanza, around 12 sea miles/ 2.5 hours
- Day 6: Sant’Amanza- Lavezzi, around 12 sea miles/ 4 hours
- Day 7: Lavezzi- Budelli (stop and hike to the Pink Beach), Cannigione (overnight stay in the marina), around 20 sea miles/ 5-6 hours
- Day 8: Breakfast on board, check-out around 9 a.m.
*Rest of the program is adjusted accordingly, which includes yoga practice - asana, pranayama and meditation, meals, excursion, and other activities.
You will be sailing and staying in the Sailboat and Marinas on the island during the course of eight days. On deck, you can eat and relax, lye in the sun, use snorkelling equipment, etc. to enjoy to the fullest.
You will be provided any of these two sailing boats - Mizar 3, JEP VI or Chia for your Yoga and Sailing Retreat.
Sailboat Mizar 3 is a Jeanneau 52.2 comprising of four comfortable cabins with private bathrooms. It also has a well-equipped kitchen and dining area which is furnished well with teal interior, stereo, and leather sofas. The facilities make your stay comforting, and for the safety, the boat is equipped with safety gears, chart table, and other required things for adventure activities and yoga.
- Length: 1563 meters
- Width: 454 meters
- Draft: 2
- Teak Deck
- Motorised Dinghy
- On the Deck- Speaker, Awning, Shower, etc
- VHF, GPS, Radar, Solar Panels, Portable Generator, Wheel Boiler, 2 Electric Refrigerators, Log, Autopilot, etc.
Chia – this boat known to be the older sister of Mizar 3, but more charming. The boat has all the features as Mizar.
JEP VI is a Beneteau First 51 comprising of three comfy double cabins with private bathrooms. The boat is well-furnished with teak interior, fully equipped kitchen, and dining area. The boat also has a plasma TV, stereo, and a card table.
- Length: 1563 meters
- Width: 454 meter
- Draft: 1.80 meters
- Deck in Teak
- Motorized Dinghy
- On the Deck: Audio- Speakers, Showers, Table, Passarella, Awning
VHF, Log, GPS, Eco, Autopilot, Plotter, Radar, SSB, Ais, Epirb, 12-volt system, 220-volt system, portable generator, wheel, boiler, 2 electric refrigerators, stereo- CD, Solar Panels, Duogen
Food & Accommodation Gallery
The name of the retreat says it all, the eight days organic vegetarian yoga and sailing retreat is not only designed to satiate the yogi, wanderer, and adventure in you but also quench your thirst for right eating. So whether you’re a vegetarian, vegan or just like to eat healthy food, leave the worry of your platter with Yoga and Sailing. They’re working on making your yoga vacations best in every possible sense.
The food on board is purely organic and vegetarian, where fruits, veggies, cheese, and other dairy products are from local farmers and organic shops. The healthy eating meals for the week are prepared with fresh, top quality produce and include local specialties. They also provide dietary specific meals as well that includes - Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Lactose-Free, Vegan, Organic, Ayurvedic (Mallorca only), and Gluten Free.
*Alcoholic beverages are not welcome on the board, and so is non-vegetarian food. The organizers want to keep the atmosphere pleasant and give the body a detox and dietary change.
* If you have special dietary requirements it is advised to inform the organizers about the same when making a reservation.
What Makes This Program Special?
Unlike the other yoga retreat programs, Yoga and Sailing framed the retreat differently. The retreat doesn’t let you sit and settle but inspires you to keep moving and take back the same inspiration home. The program is special and unique in every sense from sailing through mesmeric islands to beach yoga practice to meditating while sailing to enjoying ample adventure activities to having a week of healthy vegetarian eating, etc. Join them for an exclusive voyage and feel revived on return.
- Cooking Classes
- Paddle Boarding
- Pre Yoga Snacks- Tea, Coffee, Fruits
- Brunch after the morning session
- Afternoon snacks- Fruits and Drinks while Sailing
- Dinner after anchoring/mooring
- Diet: Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten and Lactose-Free, Organic, etc.
- 7 Nights Accommodation
- Snacks, Brunch, and Dinner
- 90 minutes daily morning yoga classes
- Bed Linens and Towels
- Meditation session in Evening (upon request)
- 3 Night Stay in Harbor
- Equipment for adventure activities
- Boat and Yoga Instructor Insurance
- Fuel and Water Consumption on Boat
- Yoga Mats and yoga props
Exclusion: Meals in Restaurant, Return Travel to and from Sardinia, Travel Insurance, and Airfare or Visa Fee
Make the sailboat your floating home for a week, and get ready to feel, live, and breathe adventure. The skippers live on the boat for the majority of the year and make them comfortable and homely as possible for the guests. Space is limited on board as compared to a hotel or a motorboat. So only pack the essentials that you require for sailing, yoga, and swimming. The boat is well-equipped with both basic amenities and safety gears.
Every day you wake early in the dawn with the sunrays, witnessing the sunrise from a different island encircled with clear turquoise blue water, mesmeric waterscape, rugged landscape, greenery, and soulful ambiance.
Payment And Cancellation Policy
- For a reservation, you need to deposit 70% of the total fee.
- Deposit is fully refundable if the booking is canceled up to 60 days prior to the arrival date.
- The rest of the payment needs to be paid on arrival.
Why choose Yoga and Sailing
Yoga and Sailing happened when a yoga instructor who loves sailing was introduced to a professional sailor who loves yoga. If you’re one of them, then Yoga and Sailing welcomes you to join the wellness adventure yoga vacation program with them. They run yoga and sailing holidays taking you to your favourite sailing areas on the planet.
Along with that, they cook you healthy and yummy meals throughout the week. They believe life is too short to do anything else apart from what you love and is passionate about in places you always wanted to visit. Sail with them for an ineffable experience of yoga and wellness conjoining your love and passion together.